You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Bubble Play - Just put it down as a cooler, or can I get away

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Thoughts anyone, with other 2 players with 2,540 between them this was a gift to them. Even so with < 10 bb's can I fold?

To be fair I knew Chillie must have a real hand to raise in this spot, he'd been playing well and i didnt think he would be stealing in this spot.  

DYM strategy takes a bit of adjusting to.

Hand History #449531556 (01:05 14/12/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceCHILLIESmall blind 200.00200.005510.00simonnaturBig blind 400.00600.003350.00 Your hole cardsQQ   zandan25Fold    WACKYBLACKFold    CHILLIERaise 600.001200.004910.00simonnaturAll-in 3350.004550.000.00CHILLIECall 2950.007500.001960.00CHILLIEShowKK   simonnaturShowQQ   Flop  9K10   Turn  2   River  3   CHILLIEWinThree Kings7500.00 9460.00

Comments

• edited December 2011
    i know its the bubble but small blind v big blind i think it plays itself here m8 just a cooler unlucky if it was a wsop bubble might fold tho lol 
  • edited December 2011
    You did nothing wrong. If you'd folded the queens you'd be making a mistake tbh, unless your opponent is REALLY tight.
  • edited December 2011
    Its horrible to do, but it has to be a fold. the other guys have 2,500 between them, so thats roughly an average of 3BB each! it's all about survival in DYM, when there is two shorties on the bubble, then i am certainly not looking to go anywhere near the big stack.

Obviously in no other situation would u fold the queens, but here even if it was aces, i would prob still fold, as there is no advantage of taking on the other guy. 3rd is the same as 1st, its not winner takes it all.
  • edited December 2011
    Yh has to be a fold 2540 between them, wish you could say EXACT stacks as if one has like 600 it's obvz snap fold but either way one has to have about 1200 so yep fold for me.
  • edited December 2011
    Easy fold here.
  • edited December 2011
    I wud fold aces here. read john connors guide.
  • edited December 2011
    dont get it if ya folding queens sb v bb that means your prepared to get blinded out what better opportunity to make top 3 now instead of a grind i know ya wnat action from other players and basically dnt play a hand and cash it dont work like that tho i think qq sb v bb play itself here easy to say now fold when u see the cards but i think most people in this situation woul lose there chips 
  • edited December 2011
    I would flat the min raise & fold flop, only because its a DYM & 2 shorties at the table.

Bet the short stacks were p***ing there selves after that action :)
  • edited December 2011
    Just reading the other post, wasn't paying attention to the other players' stacks, epic fail for me! Err, yeah, fold then :o
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Bubble Play - Just put it down as a cooler, or can I get away:
    dont get it if ya folding queens sb v bb that means your prepared to get blinded out what better opportunity to make top 3 now instead of a grind i know ya wnat action from other players and basically dnt play a hand and cash it dont work like that tho i think qq sb v bb play itself here easy to say now fold when u see the cards but i think most people in this situation woul lose there chips 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Sorry but wrong wrong wrong... it's a DYM and if you fold you've got 2 people are gonna be forced all-in soon and if one doesnt lose, the other one probably will so there's no need to take a race against the chip leader. Even if he has  AK for a flip or even if he has 78s, you do not need to take this risk at all.