You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nut flush how much do I bet on the river to induce a reraise?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Reads; a hard table all TAG, the min raise by Janua was a puzzle 1st time I had seen him do it whilst at the table.

Went fishing for a flush as it cost me only 2BB on the button, I hit the nut flush on the flop in a multie way pot. I was very tempted to bet the flop to try and build it, however I felt a check may show weakness. I was hoping for a bet on the turn but got none so a half pot bet could look like im trying to steal. Now I get my customer how much do I bet on the river, dont say shove all in please as not any of these players at the table are fools and I would be unlikely to get a call unless they had the K flush. How much to bet to induce a reraise here as all these players are capable of that move and Janau could be holding AA here???
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ritchie02Small blind £0.15£0.15£69.88
JANUABig blind £0.30£0.45£63.29
 Your hole cards
  • A

augean01Fold    
VINEY73Fold    
GarvilCall £0.30£0.75£19.25
waynecCall £0.30£1.05£33.85
ritchie02Call £0.15£1.20£69.73
JANUARaise £0.30£1.50£62.99
GarvilCall £0.30£1.80£18.95
waynecCall £0.30£2.10£33.55
ritchie02Call £0.30£2.40£69.43
Flop

• J
  • Q

ritchie02Check    
JANUACheck    
GarvilCheck    
waynecCheck    
Turn

ritchie02Check    
JANUACheck    
GarvilCheck    
waynecBet £1.20£3.60£32.35
ritchie02Fold    
JANUACall £1.20£4.80£61.79
GarvilFold    
River

• A

JANUACheck    
waynecBet how much ? ???  
JANUA     

Comments

• edited December 2011
    i would of bet the flop with these hands where u hit BIG u want to get paid on 3 streets i say this alot bet on your good hands all the time u would of won more money if u bet each street but as played about £2 bet on river 
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely bet the flop.

We are getting called by anyone with a decent Heart, any Queen, maybe any Jack, plus you never know, someone may have binked a smaller flush, or a set.
    3 other players in the pot, so likely someone will have something.

As played, probably bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot on the river.
    Will probably get a call from a 1 pair type hand, plus room for them to raise if they want to get funky.
  • edited December 2011
    i think your reads on them being TAG are slightly out!

imo should be betting all 3 streets. by the river i think it is very unlikely that we will ever get raised when we bet so i would bet reasonably large 2/3rds-3/4 pot
  • edited December 2011
    bet flop, if not - bet turn bigger

bet close to pot on river, don't think anyone will raise - great if they do )
  • edited December 2011
    TAG??????? min raising oop pre flop in a multi way pot with AA?? 

i cant believe you think he could have AA. 

bet all three streets.  cant imagine you ever getting reraised on the river regardless of bet so make it a good sized raise
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Nut flush how much do I bet on the river to induce a reraise?:
    Reads; a hard table all TAG, the min raise by Janua was a puzzle 1st time I had seen him do it whilst at the table. Went fishing for a flush as it cost me only 2BB on the button, I hit the nut flush on the flop in a multie way pot. I was very tempted to bet the flop to try and build it, however I felt a check may show weakness. I was hoping for a bet on the turn but got none so a half pot bet could look like im trying to steal. Now I get my customer how much do I bet on the river, dont say shove all in please as not any of these players at the table are fools and I would be unlikely to get a call unless they had the K flush. How much to bet to induce a reraise here as all these players are capable of that move and Janau could be holding AA here???                                      
    Posted by waynec
    Doubt they are all tags, two are sitting short

Pre looks ok once you are likely to get called behind and are unlikely to get 3bet

bet flop for value

bet turn bigger

As played bet river big, you are unlikely to get raised. If villain turns up with AA (which is really unlikely there is only one combo and no way hes a tag if he does) betting big still best imo. Betting to induce should only be done with reads that a raise is likely, and at 30NL against taggy opponents I wouldnt think its likely here. Villain has shown no strength. Also why do you thinks hes likely to c/r bluff river?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Nut flush how much do I bet on the river to induce a reraise?:
    TAG??????? min raising oop pre flop in a multi way pot with AA??  i cant believe you think he could have AA.  bet all three streets.  cant imagine you ever getting reraised on the river regardless of bet so make it a good sized raise
    Posted by huuuuume

He called a 1/2 pot bet on the river showing KK so I was not far out, had he have had AA I still think he would have reraised.
  • edited December 2011
    As all seem to say I would bet the flop, so lets put a flag up saying I have the flush if we dont have it we are trying to rep it.... a check can hide your strength and make a weaker flush feel he is ahead inducing more action. I would bet out the flop with the K/Q flush for sure
  • edited December 2011
    you dont need to induce action vs a lower flush, 5 of a colour is hard to make you should be able to stack them almost always
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Nut flush how much do I bet on the river to induce a reraise?:
    you dont need to induce action vs a lower flush, 5 of a colour is hard to make you should be able to stack them almost always
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

So what you are saying is that if they have it we will get paid and if they dont we wont get paid regardless of which street we bet? This I have to admit is a very valid argument.

• edited December 2011
    Defo bet flop you're IP and you check behind wow makes me want to cry....

Turn bet like £2 MIN.

River close to or just pot, should be bigger if you actually bet your hand earlier. 
  • edited December 2011
    dont forget you get called with an awful lot more than just a made flush on that flop especially multi way.

also, you should hopefully not have an image where you only ever have a flush when you lead out this flop
  • edited December 2011
    I think counting on opponent to re raise river for your value is a big mistake here, not sure even 2pr or set get to busy.

I count my lucky stars on flop and pray one of the other three players in hand can give me 3 streets of value, which I dont think is unlikely.

If no one can call you on flop, chances are they cant on river.  Seems abit like a wasted opportunity to me bud.