You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - AK in SB 3bet, Call or Fold?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Is that read better than jack... I'm not sure lol.

Sickening as it is, I think you can fold here. It's really early, that's a big raise, he's on the button, you don't wanna just flat OOP hoping to flop TPTK but if you reraise I think you're gonna find yourself in a horrible spot early on with at least 20%+ of your chips committed pre and no hand.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Only read is will raise late on in freeroll with 94o, yes not great but it's better than jack.

This is early in DYM btw.

Dudeskin8Small blind 10.0010.001970.00
    hodder05Big blind 20.0030.001960.00
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

walrus6621Call 20.0050.001900.00
    DOLLYBIR49Fold    
    murray2828Fold    
    xRaise 100.00150.002050.00
    Dudeskin8
  • edited December 2011

u can fold if u want, why not include that option?

I dont mind a flat call readless, but i think i prefer a fold tbh, depends how drunk i am...

I only 3 bet if i am prepared to stack off  (cant possibly do this without proper reads tho)

• edited December 2011
    Well I just figured it's too big to fold but yh that's an option too obvz.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Re-raise to about 260. if he shoves then u can fold. its too big a hand to fold, but its too early to be racing and calling a shove. i dont mind flatting if i had any reads on the oppo
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AK in SB 3bet, Call or Fold?:
    Re-raise to about 260. if he shoves then u can fold. its too big a hand to fold, but its too early to be racing and calling a shove. i dont mind flatting if i had any reads on the oppo
    Posted by ricky1984
    Disagree with 3b folding

If i 3bet its with the intention of stacking off and getting an early double up. (but ob. im only doing this against a certain kind of opponant)
  • edited December 2011

3 bet get it in.

if you double up here you should always always cash so if it is a flip it surely has value for money.  also you will prob take pot down most of the time and if opponent thinks like you do then surely you are folding all the way up to 10 10 with a 3bet as they wont want to get it in early potentially flipping.

math wise that sounds good to me but i dont play dyms at all

sidenote - it also sounds like being aggro in the early stages would exploit the current norm of being very tight in the early stages of a dym.  you could just steal money for fun by the sounds of things especially if people are considering folding AK to the first raise.

• edited December 2011
    Doubling up definitely doesn't mean you'll cash 100% of the time (regardless of your skill level) and that's exactly why flipping is dodgy here. Even if you did cash 100% of the time, it's still not good long term cos you need to win about 60% of games to be profitable so unnecessary flips are not profitable
  • edited December 2011
    Posted by ricky1984
    +1 to this really. If the raise is to 120 I flat because the pot's about the size I want it and it's likely to be heads or at the worst 3 way. If the raise is to 80 I 3 bet for value. With the raise to 100 it's close but I think I opt for the 3bet. I don't mind 3 bet/folding here either.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AK in SB 3bet, Call or Fold? : +1 to this really. If the raise is to 120 I flat because the pot's about the size I want it and it's likely to be heads or at the worst 3 way. If the raise is to 80 I 3 bet for value. With the raise to 100 it's close but I think I opt for the 3bet. I don't mind 3 bet/folding here either.
    Posted by JohnConnor

really you may aswel 3 bet fold air tbh

if your 3 betting AK OOP here, your only looking for a flat from Ax, Kx  and a A or K high flop

Playing a 3 bet OOP with no pair suxors
  • edited December 2011
    Call, and bet out at any flop. If you miss the flop and player plays back fold, if he calls your bet on the flop shut down. If you hit and he shoves call. 
  • edited December 2011
    I called and c/f 8 high flop.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AK in SB 3bet, Call or Fold? : really you may aswel 3 bet fold air tbh if your 3 betting AK OOP here, your only looking for a flat from Ax, Kx  and a A or K high flop Playing a 3 bet OOP with no pair suxors
    Posted by rancid
    What so you NEVER 3bet OOP unless you have a PP?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM - AK in SB 3bet, Call or Fold? : What so you NEVER 3bet OOP unless you have a PP?
    Posted by Lambert180
    The suggestion of 3 bet folding here is not good, thats my point.

3 betting AK OOP to get it in can never be wrong, if we are just 3 bet folding then we may aswel 3 bet fold a wider range

For DYM this early I find this comment odd from JC tbh

I can undersand 3 betting here if you beleive worse will flat, but for a DYM I would prefer to be a bit cautious