You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I quit this site for 3 months previously

now I'm gonna have to quit it again cause 1. at 5.50 its full of fooking idiots betten any b*llocks saying its only a fiver but most of all 2. this s*it happens over and f*cking over again, im getting done over time and time again like this and its getting beyond a joke
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
wrongjohn1 Small blind  50.00 50.00 2105.00
AllyD90 Big blind  100.00 150.00 6600.00
  Your hole cards

BigDogg09 Fold     
YouKnowsIt Call  100.00 250.00 2215.00
wrongjohn1 Fold     
AllyD90 Raise  300.00 550.00 6300.00
YouKnowsIt Call  300.00 850.00 1915.00
Flop

• J
  • J

AllyD90 Bet  637.50 1487.50 5662.50
YouKnowsIt Call  637.50 2125.00 1277.50
Turn

• J

AllyD90 Bet  1593.75 3718.75 4068.75
YouKnowsIt All-in  1277.50 4996.25 0.00
AllyD90 Unmatched bet  316.25 4680.00 4385.00
AllyD90 Show
  • K

YouKnowsIt Show

River

• K

AllyD90 Win Full House, Jacks and Kings 4680.00

Comments

• edited December 2011
    and before you all give me cr*p about this and that, he was sharkscoped, was lucky to get his chip stack and the table dynamic at the time what I did was correct.

I've had a guts full of TK and other people who are 'great players' saying do this, do that cause on this site wtf can you do against idiots that luck out and muppets that chase aces
  • edited December 2011
    Don't limp in on the button with Pocket 9's. Raise, and the BB either folds K7, or if he's super loose, he re-raises, you set him in and you're a 70/30 favourite. Problem solved.

As played (i.e. Badly by you), you had 2 opportunities to take this pot down - Firstly, pre-flop, by raising instead of calling, or alternatively by re-raising all in on the flop when he c-bets. Instead, you let him control the pot, and by just calling instead of being aggressive and making him fold, you allowed him to see all 5 cards which gives him the best chance of outdrawing you.

Your opponent has got lucky by hitting the river, however, I can see why he's played the hand like this, as he knows you probably don't limp with a monster hand and has decided that he could take you off the pot with your marginal limping in hand. Also, if he is wrong and you actually have a hand, he's still got 4,400 chips back with a short stack at the table on the DYM bubble.

If my maths is correct, BigDogg09 has just over 800 chips left and he's in the big blind next hand, too, which gives you even more incentive to fold a marginal hand to his bets on the flop and turn, makes his play even more logical, and your play even worse.

When you play the hand well and get outdrawn, then you can complain. When you get outdrawn because you palyed the hand badly, then I have no sympathy.

In Response to Re: I quit this site for 3 months previously:
    and before you all give me cr*p about this and that, he was sharkscoped, was lucky to get his chip stack and the table dynamic at the time what I did was correct. I've had a guts full of TK and other people who are 'great players' saying do this, do that cause on this site wtf can you do against idiots that luck out and muppets that chase aces
    Posted by YouKnowsIt

I sharkscoped him too. 280 Sit 'n' Go's, average stake of $11, and his total profit is -$5 (Pretty much break even, so 55% wins in DYM's). He's not a bad player. Not quite Phil Ivey, but still not too shabby. Yours is almost identical except for larger sample size.
  • edited December 2011
    as tikay would say you saying you didnt want a call with king 7 of course u did just unlucky 
  • edited December 2011
    well we will have to agree to disagree as 1. you dont know how the plays went previously and like I said previously, you think any of what you did would make the guy fold?? if your a high stakes player it may work but like I said previously, dont matter what you f*cking do at 5.50 yo dont get people off hands 'cause its only a fiver' idiots, hence why I moan about bull s*it advice of players that play at a higher level
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: I quit this site for 3 months previously:
     I sharkscoped him too. 280 Sit 'n' Go's, average stake of $11, and his total profit is -$5 (Pretty much break even, so 55% wins in DYM's). He's not a bad player. Not quite Phil Ivey, but still not too shabby. Yours is almost identical except for larger sample size.
    Posted by EvilPingu

well he's lucked out even more then since u scoped him cause he was worse of than that when i did 30 mins ago
  • edited December 2011
    plus look at graphs, look at my DYM graph, thats whi I quit 3 months ago, i didnt become that bad over night, just muppets at 5.50
  • edited December 2011
    people think Im an idiot for saying this but I would prefer to play people that play 5.50 dyms day in day out that f*cking idiots who just chance there arm, there are a few regulars that wont play me at DYM's and there are few I try and avoid but I think I will be playing them instead of tw*ts at 5.50 that rae just there to 'luck out'
  • edited December 2011
     If my maths is correct, BigDogg09 has just over 800 chips left and he's in the big blind next hand, too, which gives you even more incentive to fold a marginal hand to his bets on the flop and turn, makes his play even more logical, and your play even worse. Posted by EvilPingu

so 99 with that flop is a marginal hand? then the turn its still marginal? can u explain what Im missing?4
  • edited December 2011
    one last thing, no credit for a good read, you just give the praise to the lucky f*cker

It's just like you think I sit at the table and hope for the best, even the advice on this site is becoming, pointless, come play 5.50 dyms and see how u feel after them day in day out

sorry if Im getting sh*tty but its becoming a joke
  • edited December 2011

dnt wish to play gd players until u learn how to beat the bad players

oh n fwiw its a snap fold pre
  • edited December 2011
    dnt wish to play gd players until u learn how to beat the bad players oh n fwiw its a snap fold pre
    Posted by SHANXTA
    fwiw b*llocks
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: I quit this site for 3 months previously : fwiw b*llocks and also fwiw I know who you are
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
  • edited December 2011
    one last thing, no credit for a good read, you just give the praise to the lucky f*cker It's just like you think I sit at the table and hope for the best, even the advice on this site is becoming, pointless, come play 5.50 dyms and see how u feel after them day in day out sorry if Im getting sh*tty but its becoming a joke
    Posted by YouKnowsIt

YKI, prob the best £5.50 dym player on sky has given you advice on this thread and you totally dismissed it.

Just because your opponent played it bad, doesn't mean you played it good.

• edited December 2011
    I just cant understand why people would complain about this knid of thing...

A guy tries to bluff you, you see through it and call, thinking, or knowing you are ahead or you set a guy in and he calls, have the guy drawing to 2, 3, or 4 outs. then complain about it, Its really stupid.

I dont know what planet you are on but getting a donkey to stick in his chips to double you up with a <10% shot is good - keep doing it and you will WIN.

I mean, would these players rather get it in with AA or top set with a guy drawing to a straight and a flush???? 
  • edited December 2011
    You say the table dynamic was the reason for you playing the hand this way?

No matter what the table dynamic is, in a DYM i am never limping with 99. without trying to upset you further as u r clearly distressed about the situation, but u played it so badly. the sooner you realise ur mistakes, the quicker you will become a better player for it.
  • edited December 2011
    biggest mistake was calling a all in on a jj 88 board with 99 me thinks 
  • edited December 2011

After just returning for some variety, well my brother told me how soft the players were on here so i thought i'd give it another go.
    I would have to agree that the number of people who chase aces and hit is just stupid.
    take a look at this guy, he had been super lucky to get a decent stack so when after playing no hands for about three rotations i get pocket nines. 

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    fatcat101 Small blind 75.00 75.00 3745.00
    davetree Big blind 150.00 225.00 4280.00
      Your hole cards

2tiles Fold
    papadoc Fold
    anyoldiron Fold
    RevCharlie Raise 450.00 675.00 3900.00
    fatcat101 Fold
    davetree Raise 1500.00 2175.00 2780.00
    RevCharlie All-in 3900.00 6075.00 0.00
    davetree Call 2700.00 8775.00 80.00
    davetree Show
    A
    RevCharlie Show
    Flop

J

Turn

A

River

davetree Win Pair of Aces 8775.00 8855.00

sorry if the formatting is a bit off first attempt.
    But you get the picture
    I raise he reraised i shove and he calls with A6.
    Ive been back on here a day and i'm already p'd of with it as i could show another 5 or 6 hands the same.
    Even more annoying is its usually for all my chips and on the bubble.

• edited December 2011
    and before you all give me cr*p about this and that, he was sharkscoped, was lucky to get his chip stack and the table dynamic at the time what I did was correct. I've had a guts full of TK and other people who are 'great players' saying do this, do that cause on this site wtf can you do against idiots that luck out and muppets that chase aces
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    Sorry but limping pocket 9's on the button??........