You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Twisted Logic

edited December 2011 in The Shed
 It is not the people that we fear that hurt us the deepest its the people we love!
 So fear everyone and love no-one.

Ps this is not my philosophy just a statement to show where logic can fail.

Comments

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Twisted Logic:
     It is not the people that we fear that hurt us the deepest its the people we love!  So fear everyone and love no-one.  Ps this is not my philosophy just a statement to show where logic can fail.
    Posted by Donut64
    That all depends on whos logic is being used,  Example being your statment would not apply in my logic, The people I love at most could only dissapoint me.
  • edited December 2011
    But would not a person you loved betraying you not indeed hurt? Where as a person you feared betraying you only make you feel anger?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Twisted Logic:
    But would not a person you loved betraying you not indeed hurt? Where as a person you feared betraying you only make you feel anger?
    Posted by Donut64
    I would feel dissapointment,   There is a difference as it has to do with ones mindset in relation to where a person finds contentment, Is within or does a persons contentment depend on others.

If I ever feel emotional pain it always has to do with my actions not others.
    I can honestly say I dont fear anyone, I will and have been suspicous of some people but not fearful.
    I could not bear to live in fear as it would equate to no life.
    I have always observed people who have perfectly safe lives with good what I would call safe well paid jobs and have noticed them turning to drink to elleviate thier boredom and have always thought I would rather be dead than live thier lives.
  • edited December 2011
     I have got to say I certanly understand your reasoning but as we have found out in the past we are totally different people that think in totally different ways, but dispite of this I can respect what you are saying.

Its just when I love someone they have the power to make me extremely happy or make me extremely sad, to me love is a joining of hearts and minds, I dont see it as needing others to make me happy, but just caring for someone so much it really matters, but that just the way I am.
  • edited December 2011
     I have got to say I certanly understand your reasoning but as we have found out in the past we are totally different people that think in totally different ways, but dispite of this I can respect what you are saying.    Its just when I love someone they have the power to make me extremely happy or make me extremely sad, to me love is a joining of hearts and minds, I dont see it as needing others to make me happy, but just caring for someone so much it really matters, but that just the way I am.
    Posted by Donut64[/QU
    You have lots and lots of company on the way you feel as I would guestimate that 99.999% of people go along with what I would consider an ilogical mindset.   I am used to being in the minority but still believe my way is the only logical way.

I didnt say you needed others to make you happy, Im very careful to be exact in most things i say.
    I just pointed out that in my opinion it can be disasterous to allow anothers feelings/actions to have a bearing on your contentment.   Two examples,  the love of a father to a child, If the child as an adult betrays the father one can look on this as dissapointing yet still love an guide the son,  2nd example if it a lover that betrays then one can be dissapointed in the fact that his/her love was missplaced and take some comfort that you found out while there is still time to move on, No point in grieving over an illusion.
  • edited December 2011
    LOL. I think a lot of people will have decided to keep of our conversations!
  • edited December 2011
    LOL. I think a lot of people will have decided to keep of our conversations!
    Posted by Donut64
    lol yeah, but truthfuly we all live an learn in our controversies, good for the mind and soul.
  • edited December 2011
    Now this now looks as though Im talking to myself now all NoDeals replys have been removed! :P