You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£5.50 DYM PL omaha hi/lo

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Do most think i should play this hand pre?? hogg i figured MUST have a hand here so i thought my hand was a poss high hand and we can take down the shorty between us.

Thoights please
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
GREGHOGG Small blind  100.00 100.00 3130.00
lioni32 Big blind  200.00 300.00 970.00
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

BigVernon Fold     
debdobs_67 Call  200.00 500.00 4155.00
GREGHOGG Raise  700.00 1200.00 2430.00
lioni32 All-in  970.00 2170.00 0.00
debdobs_67 Call  970.00 3140.00 3185.00
GREGHOGG Call  370.00 3510.00 2060.00
Flop

• A

GREGHOGG Check     
debdobs_67 Check     
Turn

GREGHOGG Check     
debdobs_67 Check     
River

GREGHOGG Check     
debdobs_67 Check     
GREGHOGG Show
  • A

lioni32 Show
  • J
  • A

debdobs_67 Show
  • J
  • A

debdobs_67 Win high Straight to the 10 1755.00  4940.00
GREGHOGG Win low 7-low 1755.00  3815.00

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Definitely dump this pre. Its the omaha8 equivalent of limp calling with T4s utg in holdem. 
  • edited December 2011
    i dont need a brilliant hand if i know your limping with that junk :)
  • edited December 2011
    I fold pre

You are only playing for half the pot in most cases, though your stack does allow the call for the extra 500, after that I don't see why either of you don't bet for value?
  • edited December 2011
      As said before this is an auto fold pre hand.

You have nothing invested in the pot and there is no reason to put chips in with this hand. The hand is a very nice and playable PLO hand but suffers greatly in PLO8 due to having no Lo hand potential. This means that you are looking to get lucky twice when the flop comes down.You are looking not only to hit your hand to allow you the Hi pot but you are also looking to avoid the low cards which will only result in a chop.

At this blind level and with your stacksize you can probably safely fold your way into the money so there is no need to be putting chips into the pot with only a chance of winning half back. So PLO8 strategy and DYM strategy both say snap fold pre.
  • edited December 2011
    Well tbh im pretty suprised by players thoughts here as the shorty is mega short and i have a very nice playable stack , oh well at least i know better now , oh and greg mate i dont think you need to INSULT me , i mean i aint the player who went broke recently am i now??
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: £5.50 DYM PL omaha hi/lo:
    Well tbh im pretty suprised by players thoughts here as the shorty is mega short and i have a very nice playable stack , oh well at least i know better now , oh and greg mate i dont think you need to INSULT me , i mean i aint the player who went broke recently am i now??
    Posted by debdobs_67
    i didnt insult u at all

and going broke is all part of the fun. im not Daniel Negranu so I may was well enjoy myself as well as try to get to grips with all forms of poker

• edited December 2011
    The hand is a very nice and playable PLO hand 
    I would argue that this is not a very playable PLO hand at all, and on a 6max table would not open it UTG, UTG+1, call or raise from BB/SB, and only under certain circumstances would open it from the CO. Leaving me to play it from the button, which I play almost 80% of hands from anyway
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: £5.50 DYM PL omaha hi/lo : i didnt insult u at all and going broke is all part of the fun. im not Daniel Negranu so I may was well enjoy myself as well as try to get to grips with all forms of poker
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Fair play greg and havin read ure post again i DID NOT notice the smiley at the end , soz fella xxx
  • edited December 2011
    played wrong on every street
  • edited December 2011
    played wrong on every street
    Posted by huuuuume
    Oh jeez , i played on ure table the other night , look whos talkin lol
  • edited December 2011

lol i dont know why you bothered posting this thread. 

everytime someone points out that it was poorly played you insult them and try to make them look bad.

im not interested in boring forum hard talk so gl at the tables and if you think im bad feel free to play me whenever you like

• edited December 2011
    Don't worry Debs I'm not here to insult your play cos I know very little about Hi/Lo but I'm here just to say that I'm VERY shocked to see you playing DYMs, I thought you hated them.

Or is it just a cheap/low risk way or improving your Hi/Lo game?
  • edited December 2011
    wow u have over 4000chips in a dym on the bubble with a bad hand when someone have 900 chips, this is a fold in any game 
  • edited December 2011
    lol i dont know why you bothered posting this thread.  everytime someone points out that it was poorly played you insult them and try to make them look bad. im not interested in boring forum hard talk so gl at the tables and if you think im bad feel free to play me whenever you like
    Posted by huuuuume
    Hi mate ive just re-read this thread and who exactly have i insulted?? greg?? if i have then it was only in response to his post.

Also i clearly remember 1 of ure own threads that you DID insult a big reg on this site when they made a call that you said was really really bad.

Ring any bells??

Everytime sumone points out it was poorly played i insult them ??

Once again really r u sure ??

I already posted that i musta made a mistake OR did ya not bother readin that ??

Oh and anytime ya feel ya can beat me then it aint hard to find me at the cash tables is it ??

Chillax fella