You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how to deal with this bad beat

i am constant gettin rivered causin me to have a real bad beat.

recently raised in with a AJ and flop came AJJ floppin full house

i raised and got called all in 

i thought for a min if he could have AA but doubted it so i decided to call the all in

opponent had Ak 

i was ahead and smiling then

turn came K

river came K

this happens way to often causin me to take a 9 month absence away from poker and seriously affects my game

is there any way where i could have played it different or just got no luck

Comments

• edited December 2011
    If simple bad beats like this are causing you so much pain I would advise giving up poker.

It happens and every player has to accept it as part of the game.

If you're properly rolled for the level you're playing at and the mental side of your game is ok then you won't feel so bad about them.

Look at your own game too, see what you can improve on. Watch some training videos, read some forums and books. Look over your hand history from each session you play, pay attention to some of the bigger hands that you lost with.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to how to deal with this bad beat:
    i am constant gettin rivered causin me to have a real bad beat. recently raised in with a AJ and flop came AJJ floppin full house i raised and got called all in  i thought for a min if he could have AA but doubted it so i decided to call the all in opponent had Ak  i was ahead and smiling then turn came K river came K this happens way to often causin me to take a 9 month absence away from poker and seriously affects my game is there any way where i could have played it different or just got no luck
    Posted by BIg_d_ram
    Yeah I reckon I could find a fold on that flop. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: how to deal with this bad beat:
    In Response to how to deal with this bad beat : Yeah I reckon I could find a fold on that flop. 
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    LOL!!! Easy fold for me too! No but seriously when u hit that flop and the guy is holding AK, he still has a 1% chance and was just unfortunate he hit his 1 out of a 100 shot
  • edited December 2011

he had the best hand to start with anyway, you were dominated, got lucky on the flop then he got lucky back :)