You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poor show

Bought in directly to last night's Survivor final.  Got down to the last four and the money bubble.  I was 3rd in chips and the short stack at that point decided to sit out almost every hand on the money bubble.  Got my chips in with pocket 9's and ran into pocket aces which held up and I went out on the bubble.

Now I know that everyone has the option to do what the short stack did but for me this is a total lack of etiquette and fair play.  The short stack should have to make the same decisions as all the other players.  I know they still post the blinds as all other players do but if the pick up a large pocket pair they should have to make the decision whether to to play that hand or not and whether to have that big pocket pair cracked.

What are the others thoughts?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    If you were 3rd in chips and he is sitting out you do the same and he will eventually blind out before you as long as it isn't a very small gap to 4th.

However as you bought DIRECT to the final this means you REALLY have to go for the win as apposed to someone who survives from say Sunday/Monday and there fore getting it in with 9's is standard. 

Also you say 'Got my chips in with pocket 9's and ran into pocket aces which held up'

Could you perhaps post the hand history to see if you made a mistake i.e. could have folded. 
  • edited December 2011
    Of course he can sit out if he wants to......

Its not even a question of etiquette or fair play.  Pays your money takes your chances.  If he feels his best strategy is to avoid making choices, then thats his choice.

Lots of pro's and cons on either side as far as that strategy goes.