You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is there any way i can lay this down?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I thought i`d raise pre as i had position,
Liked the flop and loved the turn,

One of those things i guess
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bighand620 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1300.00
dea07 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

badladgs22 Fold     
Numbynut Fold     
SUSYJR Fold     
davelufc Raise  100.00 130.00 2900.00
bighand620 Call  90.00 220.00 1210.00
dea07 Fold     
Flop

• A

bighand620 Bet  200.00 420.00 1010.00
davelufc Call  200.00 620.00 2700.00
Turn

• A

bighand620 Bet  300.00 920.00 710.00
davelufc Raise  720.00 1640.00 1980.00
bighand620 Call  420.00 2060.00 290.00
River

bighand620 All-in  290.00 2350.00 0.00
davelufc Call  290.00 2640.00 1690.00
bighand620 Show
  • J

davelufc Show
  • A

bighand620 Win Straight to the Jack 2640.00  2640.00

Comments

• edited December 2011
    If you wanna play this hand then raise less preflop, 60 is plenty.

You're playing a horrible raggy Ace so you're gonna get called by Sooo many hands that have you crushed... Really the value in this hand is trying for the straight or flush or maybe 2pr but you should never be that happy with top pair, no kicker.

The call isn't bad on the flop. I NEVER raise the turn here, you should really only get called by a better ace or a flush.

Obviously you know you can't fold on the river when his all in is about 10% of the pot. You're just unlucky he rivered the straight really but it could have been played better (even though it wouldnt affect the result really)
  • edited December 2011
    Whats this a multi? Anyway I'd shove the flop and flip with his calling range.
  • edited December 2011
    raise less pre

flop, meh I hate this I prob call

turn, I think is a fold. Never raise it

river as played you gotta call
  • edited December 2011
    Wow my analysis was exactly the same as GT's lol... I must be getting better. Although to be fair, this hand couldnt be much more standard
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies chaps,
    My game has really come on since i started posting on the forum.
    So many sensible and informative posts,
    Heads up to AMYBR, grantorino, deb,idonk,pod1,dudeskin,lambert and lots more,
    Taking on board all the advice has really helped, ty.
  • edited December 2011
    Bad beat yawn

Raise less pre

Rest pretty standard really im sure if they didnt hit their straight you wouldnt have posted 

UL sir 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Is there any way i can lay this down?:
    Bad beat yawn Raise less pre Rest pretty standard really im sure if they didnt hit their straight you wouldnt have posted  UL sir 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    I didn`t post it on the BBV section,
    I was just looking for constructive replies whether i played it ok re bet sizes etc
    Thanks for the reply but dont "take me under your wing"
  • edited December 2011

depends a lot on what you think of the villain in the hand.

i think the way you played the hand is absolutely fine on the assumption that you knew villain is a fish. having position and knowing villain has a wide range im happy to build the pot quickly early. 

also, if you know he is a fish you have to raise that flop.  imo a fish will rarely lead out a strong hand here.  and id prob be willing to get it in on the flop under these circumstances.

if you dont know he is a fish or expect him to be a good player then smaller pre and fold (maybe flat) turn.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Is there any way i can lay this down?:
    depends a lot on what you think of the villain in the hand. i think the way you played the hand is absolutely fine on the assumption that you knew villain is a fish. having position and knowing villain has a wide range im happy to build the pot quickly early.  also, if you know he is a fish you have to raise that flop.  imo a fish will rarely lead out a strong hand here.  and id prob be willing to get it in on the flop under these circumstances. if you dont know he is a fish or expect him to be a good player then smaller pre and fold (maybe flat) turn.
    Posted by huuuuume
    Cheers huuuuuume,
    Got to final table with you tonite, wd for 2nd
    Nice cash.Ur a good player.