You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Bubble - pass this

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
YNWA1981 Small blind
100.00 100.00 2150.00
rancid Big blind   200.00 300.00 2475.00
  Your hole cards

rochdale15 Fold        
awesomeee Fold        
YNWA1981 All-in   2150.00 2450.00 0.00
rancid

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Easy fold for me.Racing at best,and still time for a better spot.
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Even if ure ahead i reckon you prob face 2 overcards so easy fold
  • edited December 2011
    Fold to victory )

• edited December 2011
    If you're even thinking about calling here you should stay clear of DYM's ;).
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Bubble - pass this:
    Even if ure ahead i reckon you prob face 2 overcards so easy fold
    Posted by debdobs_67

This could be where I am going wayward with DYM to be honest.

My AIPR calling range here where all players are sitting with 7-12 bigs on the bubble maybe is wider than it should be leading to big swings from one session to another. Even though my calls are good, I am still losing - but over a bigger sample size I will win money right :S

Is the issue I need to have >55% equity versus shovers range here ?

What’s our calling range here ?

But we can shove 55+ no problem right ?

The problem I have is, at some point very soon we are going to get our chips in middle

If we get shorter we are shoving worse hands and less equity than 55 for example

Are we just folding any hands that are likely to be flipping ? Not enough equity !

Only time we happy flipping is when short stack right ?

So many questions, so little time :S
    Feels like we not playing much poker in these DYM 

YNWA1981 All-in   2150.00 2450.00 0.00
    rancid Call   2050.00 4500.00 425.00
    YNWA1981 Show
    • Q

rancid Show

Flop

• A
    • Q

Turn

River

YNWA1981 Win Two Pairs, Queens and 7s 4500.00   4500.00
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Bubble - pass this : This could be where I am going wayward with DYM to be honest. My AIPR calling range here where all players are sitting with 7-12 bigs on the bubble maybe is wider than it should be leading to big swings from one session to another. Even though my calls are good, I am still losing - but over a bigger sample size I will win money right :S Is the issue I need to have />55% equity versus shovers range here ?   What’s our calling range here ?   But we can shove 55+ no problem right ?     The problem I have is, at some point very soon we are going to get our chips in middle If we get shorter we are shoving worse hands and less equity than 55 for example   Are we just folding any hands that are likely to be flipping ? Not enough equity ! Only time we happy flipping is when short stack right ? So many questions, so little time :S Feels like we not playing much poker in these DYM  YNWA1981 All-in   2150.00 2450.00 0.00 rancid Call   2050.00 4500.00 425.00 YNWA1981 Show 8 Q       rancid Show 5 5       Flop     A Q 7       Turn     7       River     10       YNWA1981 Win Two Pairs, Queens and 7s 4500.00   4500.00
    Posted by rancid

I dont know where your getting " />55% equity" from? Its not a cash game.
    If villan is shoving lets say round about 20% here, you need 70%+  equity against this range to make a good call, something like (TT+AK, AQs)
    If villian is shoving ATC here its still a fold. Do your self a favour and download sitngo wiz then u can answer these questions yourself
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Bubble - pass this : I dont know where your getting " />55% equity" from? Its not a cash game. If villan is shoving lets say round about 20% here, you need 70%+  equity against this range to make a good call, something like (TT+AK, AQs) If villian is shoving ATC here its still a fold. Do your self a favour and download sitngo wiz then u can answer these questions yourself
    Posted by TWRAMYEP

Emmmm, yeah maybe I should :s

Essentially calling range should be narrow, ie more equity

Don’t think I need sitngo wiz to tell me that but I hear what your saying.

Do we really need to crush oppo range here, or could we drop to 77+AK,AQ,AJ :S

Thanks 

• edited December 2011
    You have 12 bbs here so IMO are pretty safe from danger for the time being so to CALL an AI I would need at least QQ maybe 10's/JJ if they've been raising every BvB situation.

Yes you were ahead here but only 51% to win so basically a flip and in a DYM there is no need to flip unnecaseraly (spelling lol) as it's top 3 paid, in an MTT you obvz need to race as the prize pool is top heavy so trying to 'cash' is pointless in the longterm. 

You mention when we shove later it's with worse hands but you're not stupid and surely realise you can shove ATC but to CALL an AI you need a decent hand so most times they fold you steall blinds, move to next hand.
  • edited December 2011
    Well if villian has exactly 20% shoving range here, and lets pretend that he does and Ive just made some assumptions about the other two players stacks (making them equalish) then calling with anything less than TT+ AK, AQs+ is -EV, In other words calling with 99 or AJs will loose you equity in the sitngo and Cash in the long run.
    Obviuosly if you feel villian if wider than 20% then you adjust your calling range apropiatly.
     These numbers are pulled from ICM%EV calculators but in my experience DYM players dont shove wide and often enougth and call to wide and to much.
  • edited December 2011

Ok, ok I need to download this sitngo wiz me thinks.

The key here is oppo shoving range, and you say oppo’s  shoving 20% of range ?

So I think oppo is shoving 30% then I can call wider right ?

What does 20% look like )

• edited December 2011

Check out this: http://www.pokericmcalculator.com/icmizer/#default

Its free, does exacaly what wiz does and comes already loaded with 6max dons and should answer all your questions :)

• edited December 2011
    Check out this: http://www.pokericmcalculator.com/icmizer/#default Its free and does exacaly what wiz does, and should answer all your questions :)
    Posted by TWRAMYEP
    cheers dude
  • edited December 2011
    Check out this: http://www.pokericmcalculator.com/icmizer/#default Its free, does exacaly what wiz does and comes already loaded with 6max dons and should answer all your questions :)
    Posted by TWRAMYEP

This is a really nice bit of kit, thanks m8ty