You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Min raise from very tight player and big draw

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No reads on xx but noted he had not raised a hand during my time on the table about 20 mins, never defended his blind pre or post flop. So what does this min raise mean???

wasnmeeBig blind £0.10£0.15£12.93
 Your hole cards
  • A

waynecCall £0.10£0.25£10.12
xxRaise £0.20£0.45£15.53
gunn01651Fold    
xstuartFold    
cowbag_69Call £0.15£0.60£8.42
wasnmeeCall £0.10£0.70£12.83
waynecCall £0.10£0.80£10.02
Flop

• K
  • A

cowbag_69Check    
wasnmeeCheck    
waynecBet £0.80£1.60£9.22
xxxRaise £1.60£3.20£13.93
What do I do here top pair and flush draw? I dont think we can fold so do we call or shove as he most likely has an A?/KK/QQ?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    fold or raise pre

call now
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah not sure why we are limping with this hand, and also would of preferred a check/raise on the flop
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldnt raise or fold pre, limps fine on this occasion

Dream flop get it in asap click min raise back and hope he shoves ;)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Min raise from very tight player and big draw:
    fold or raise pre call now
    Posted by grantorino
    I disagree Mr GT, A7 isnt really a raising hand and you wouldnt if it wasnt suited oop. with the pot odds limping is fine and a pretty dream board really for our hand, if we've missed or dont hit the flop this hard we can easy c/f. obviously as long as the limper is diciplined post flop and doesnt stack of less then 2 pair/flush then its fine
  • edited December 2011
    deffo call never fold don't y u put it up getting like u are a decent player and know its a call and limpping at the start is bad wif hands like rag aces dont do it
  • ybyb
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Min raise from very tight player and big draw : I disagree Mr GT, A7 isnt really a raising hand and you wouldnt if it wasnt suited oop. with the pot odds limping is fine and a pretty dream board really for our hand, if we've missed or dont hit the flop this hard we can easy c/f. obviously as long as the limper is diciplined post flop and doesnt stack of less then 2 pair/flush then its fine
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    open limping is just terrible in online 6max poker imo, you're just going to get owned so badly by anyone who's decent and reasonably aggresive. there are so many more reasons to raise than limp in when you're first into the pot, if you don't want to raise with a hand from a particular position in an unopened pot you should just fold it because it's obviously junk.

also against a very tight player what range do you think we get it in against on this flop? and to the OP why on earth would you think a nit could have QQ here?
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry misread i thought he was BB, i have had 2-3 hours kip in my defence :)
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry misread i thought he was BB, i have had 2-3 hours kip in my defence :)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    lol standard

easy call now u wayncure !!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Min raise from very tight player and big draw : lol standard easy call now u wayncure !!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

LOL! that name is banned by Sky now remember!

• edited December 2011
    Ok Why are we limping with this hand????

Because I raise 95% of the time I enter a pot and limp with a wide range of hands at times, its good to vary your play from time to time. I was looking for the flush draw cheaply, which I got and hit and proved a very profitable play against AK which I put him on. As stated I put XX on a big hand. If I had raised he would have 3bet and I would have had to fold, if you have any reads on a players play you have to use that information accordingly weather it be text book play or not. And all the those spouting text book play about raising will and have limpt with pairs and other hands, if they say not I dont believe them. Lets remember not many years ago it was considered unsporting and bad poker to C/R, you have to try new plays even if the text book says they are wrong.

I have a weak passive player whom will most likely let me draw very cheaply even when he has the best hand, against this type of player Im calling with rag A suited/small PP looking for a set or draw.
  • edited December 2011
    Ok Why are we limping with this hand???? Because I raise 95% of the time I enter a pot and limp with a wide range of hands at times, its good to vary your play from time to time. I was looking for the flush draw cheaply, which I got and hit and proved a very profitable play against AK which I put him on. As stated I put XX on a big hand. If I had raised he would have 3bet and I would have had to fold, if you have any reads on a players play you have to use that information accordingly weather it be text book play or not. And all the those spouting text book play about raising will and have limpt with pairs and other hands, if they say not I dont believe them. Lets remember not many years ago it was considered unsporting and bad poker to C/R, you have to try new plays even if the text book says they are wrong. I have a weak passive player whom will most likely let me draw very cheaply even when he has the best hand, against this type of player Im calling with rag A suited/small PP looking for a set or draw.
    Posted by waynec
    still don't like the limp wif this sort of hand that deep. if u are going limp then it should be wif hands that are not going to get u into trouble where u know wot u wot to hit and if u miss can get away cheaply. if u hit the ace very easily could be out kicked and u get raise in this spot very often by player try isolate you and wot are going to do then call and make it ten time worst of fold and wast the chips
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Min raise from very tight player and big draw : still don't like the limp wif this sort of hand that deep. if u are going limp then it should be wif hands that are not going to get u into trouble where u know wot u wot to hit and if u miss can get away cheaply. if u hit the ace very easily could be out kicked and u get raise in this spot very often by player try isolate you and wot are going to do then call and make it ten time worst of fold and wast the chips
    Posted by rob12345

No offence but you have not read my comment I called for the flush draw only, clearly stated and if an A came with a weak kicker I would not be investing. cheap calls will A suited connectors must be played the same as small PP unless you hit your flush/set forget it.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Min raise from very tight player and big draw : No offence but you have not read my comment I called for the flush draw only, clearly stated and if an A came with a weak kicker I would not be investing. cheap calls will A suited connectors must be played the same as small PP unless you hit your flush/set forget it.
    Posted by waynec
    but only hit a flush like 4% of the time so dont know how it can be +ev
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Min raise from very tight player and big draw : but only hit a flush like 4% of the time so dont know how it can be +ev
    Posted by rob12345
    I somewhat seriously disagree with this %age as far as my experience (2 1/2 yrs) of online poker go's
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Min raise from very tight player and big draw : I somewhat seriously disagree with this %age as far as my experience (2 1/2 yrs) of online poker go's
    Posted by debdobs_67
    haha u must hit loads then lol