You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Medium/Low pocket pairs

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
If you are playin cash would you ever fold these hands to a raise or even a re raise pre flop. It is very rare i would fold barring an all in because of the chance of flopping a set(unlikely i know). However the more i look at it i am wondering whether it is a profitable play at all. What y'all think?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Medium/Low pocket pairs:
    If you are playin cash would you ever fold these hands to a raise or even a re raise pre flop. It is very rare i would fold barring an all in because of the chance of flopping a set(unlikely i know). However the more i look at it i am wondering whether it is a profitable play at all. What y'all think?
    Posted by GEE_BURT
    probably be folding to a raise. definiteley folding to a reraise! but someone will come along and give u the stats,
  • edited December 2011
    it all depends where i`m sitting and the action before me, if the bets are not that big then i`d flat and see if i hit set as the low pairs can be deceptive and you could get rewarded.
  • edited December 2011
    if you are calling less than 1/15th of your stack then it should be  fine