You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

omaha hand what to do on the turn

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
playing 10p/20p omaha i have 34 hearts q k diamonds flop comes down a clubs 2 hearts 5 of diamonds so nuts the pot is £2 the villain bets pot i have £15 my stack he has 22 would u a call it and hope a blank or raise it up here the villain turns out he had aa jj so i think i should of raised but i just called and the turn was  a 2 he bets pot of 6 i tanked for a bit then sigh folded was this a good fold i thought when there is a pair on board a str8 is never that good really way i see it i saved myself money not going all in on flop villain would of snap called with top set but is this the right play any feeback would be great thanks 

Comments

• edited December 2011
    fold pre if you have the chance
    i would prob play it fast postflop
  • edited December 2011
    post HH as it will be much clearer then reading 1 paragraph
  • edited December 2011
      Ok quite difficult to tell all this from a pargraph which has no reads and no information about position.

So firstly your starting hand is weak with only 2 nut drawing hands 34s and kqs. This means that the only time you should be plaing this hand is from the BB in a limped pot because this hand is not worth investing money in preflop. You said that the pot was £2 on the flop which means that this was a raised pot which for me means you should never have been in it in the first place.

But that being said you were, so lets go from there. You have flopped the nuts but you have dead nuts.This means that you are basically lokking to hit runner runner blank to win from this point. Soi this leaves you with 2 options on the flop either folding or getting all the money in at this point hoping to isolate your opponent because you do not want this multiway.

Turn as played is a snap fold.

As with most thing in poker you have asked the wrong question. This whole hand was not about the turn but about preflop and flop. Should you have been in the hand and should you have called the flop. As i said before getting all your money in on the flop and being outdrawn is just part of the game and would involve doing nothing wrong but as played you just threw away £2 hoping for a nice card when there really wasnt one available because virtually any card would bring in a better hand or at least a draw to a better hand.

On the question of the flop we come to a point i have been making for a while now. Folding the nuts in NLHE is the most stupid thing you can do at any point. But in omaha the ability to fold the nuts,especially dead nuts, is a very important skill and needs to be learnt.

Hope this is of some help.
  • edited December 2011
    yeah did make sense talon was 3 way pot villain raised 60p i called and other guy called but he got dissconected so was 2 way just didnt know if i should of gone all in on flop or not but as it turned out the turn card was bad 
  • edited December 2011
    You're playing PLO arent ya? So you can't get it in on the flop. The pot is £2, he pots it so it's £4 so how can you get your £15 in on the flop?