You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

45 player sng mtt thing, early stages, v bet river 3 handed?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No reads, the guy who opened is 3 tabling.

Flatted the initial open as "lwldr" had been shipping his short stack alot. Also happy to play queens in position this shallow.

It's a turbo.

Table '487353009 5' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Mikle999 (1615 in chips) 
Seat 2: copps18xxx (1415 in chips) 
Seat 3: gerry72 (1905 in chips) 
Seat 5: Lwldr (605 in chips) 
Seat 6: R0HR (2055 in chips) 
Seat 7: debreeed (2060 in chips) 
Seat 8: vaidasga (1555 in chips) 
Seat 9: patitofeo277 (1215 in chips) 
R0HR: posts small blind 25
debreeed: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to copps18xxx [Qd Qh]
vaidasga: raises 100 to 150
patitofeo277: folds 
Mikle999: folds 
copps18xxx: calls 150
gerry72: folds 
Lwldr: folds 
R0HR: folds 
debreeed: calls 100
*** FLOP *** [6h 6c Ad]
debreeed: checks 
vaidasga: checks 
copps18xxx: checks 
*** TURN *** [6h 6c Ad] [2s]
copps18xxx: checks 
*** RIVER *** [6h 6c Ad 2s] [7s]
copps18xxx: 

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I would put in a cheeky min-raise :)

I doubt they check all 3 streets if they hit the flop, they coulda hit the 7 or would probably casll a min-raise with K high lol

And if they fold you don't have to show those Queens
  • edited December 2011
    You've played it soo bad might aswell check for showdown value your probably ahead but cant see you getting any worse hands to call
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 45 player sng mtt thing, early stages, v bet river 3 handed?:
    You've played it soo bad might aswell check for showdown value your probably ahead but cant see you getting any worse hands to call
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    why have I?

If I 3b an utg open this shallow, what's my range?

If I flat an utg open. what's my range?

If I bet the river, what hand would you put me on in my oppos shoes?

---------------------------

Pretty sure this is a clear value bet just wanted re-assurance 
  • edited December 2011
    You have a premium in a 9 handed table, so IMO you should be re-raising. If the guy behind has been shipping alot he still may do after you 3 bet.

I cant really see what your range would be, probably being a bit thick but i cant work out the button? is it Patito?
    you have not bet/raised any point so have under repped your hand alot so you may get a value bet through but they may just put you on 6 or A so cant really see the point as you have played it this slow
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 45 player sng mtt thing, early stages, v bet river 3 handed?:
    In Response to Re: 45 player sng mtt thing, early stages, v bet river 3 handed? : why have I? If I 3b an utg open this shallow, what's my range? If I flat an utg open. what's my range? If I bet the river, what hand would you put me on in my oppos shoes? --------------------------- Pretty sure this is a clear value bet just wanted re-assurance 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Just re-read it, it depends on how active you have been. if you have been tight then probably JJ+AQ, i know you want wore hands to call but your not on the button so have no gurantee you have position post flop also you want to get value from pp which are going to fold when they miss their set

Betting on River could be an Ace rag(suited)  value betting, or JJ-88 they could put you on cant really put you on a 7 unless 77 which is possible but less likely
  • edited December 2011
    could go either way pre, flatting fine imo if you think villain knows whathes doing

I think its fine and I bet the river around 3/4 pot
  • edited December 2011
    id bet turn and river for value tbh