You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 - Did I play this badly?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
EvilPinguSmall blind 15.0015.002610.00
ICEMANBig blind 30.0045.001790.00
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J
  • A

WBA_BRASSOCall 30.0075.001880.00
shells21Call 30.00105.003070.00
crazych320Call 30.00135.002515.00
EvilPinguCall 15.00150.002595.00
ICEMANCheck    
Flop

• Q
  • Q
  • J

EvilPinguBet 150.00300.002445.00
ICEMANFold    
WBA_BRASSOFold    
shells21Raise 300.00600.002770.00
crazych320Fold    
EvilPinguCall 150.00750.002295.00
Turn

• A

EvilPinguCheck    
shells21Bet 180.00930.002590.00
EvilPinguCall 180.001110.002115.00
River

EvilPinguCheck    
shells21Bet 420.001530.002170.00
EvilPinguCall 420.001950.001695.00
shells21Show
  • Q

EvilPinguMuck
  • J
  • J
  • A

shells21Win highFull House, Queens and 10s1950.00 4120.00
 No qualifying low hand    

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Preflop call is ok due to multiway although not a good starting hand

As played i dont see why you dont try getting it n the flop? someones min re-raised you so likely they have a Q ppl tend not to min re-raise light so they must be confident so get re-raising and get in with the 2nd nuts easy game.

Turn is a bad card if they have AQ so flat is fine turn and river but still think should have got it in on flop
  • edited December 2011

I assume that this is a dym...

YG is actually right imo!!! (dont be too shocked!) I would look to get it in on the flop unless i had reads that they were a super duper nit.

most people wont fold trip Qs. If they hae quads or QJ, both unlikely, then so be it

As played i dont think it was too bad but the end is a sigh call, hoping they are bad enough to bet Broadway,. could be a fold tho

• edited December 2011
    I personally dont like the call preflop for 5 reasons.

1) Position
     2) You only have 2 nut drawing Hi hands
     3) Position
     4) You have no real Lo draw to speak of and finally
     5) Position

These type of marginal hands are hard enough to play at the best of times and playing so OOP against the entire table of limpers makes them even harder to deal with.

When the flop comes down it is about as good as you could hope for. You could be up against QQ or QJ here and be drawing totally dead. Even if you are just up against a Q then you only have 60% equity here. Assuming they have an unpaired hand then they have 10 outs twice which makes them 40% to outdraw you and if they do you would then only have a 1 outer to save you.The turn is strangely enough good for you because you suddenly have more outs to a higher hand with 2 aces drawing for you. I think you did well to not raise and therfore lose the minimum you could here.

Any raise you could have made on the flop would only have ended up with it going all in and do you really want to be allin on that flop against the only one who has you outchipped when you only have at most a 60% chance of winning.just think of how your handchanged down the streets on the flop you had second nuts QQ and QJ count the same here. On the turn you are now behind to AA AQ QQ/QJ so you are down to fourth nuts and when the river comes in you have shrunk even lower to fifth nuts. The flop looked really pretty but no matter how thwe cards came from then on in your hand would diminish on every street.

If you are going to play these marginals then try to do them with the benefit of position so you can take total control of the decisions down each street and have the ability to excercise pot control rather than hoping someone else will do that for you.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: PLO8 - Did I play this badly?:
    I personally dont like the call preflop for 5 reasons.  1) Position  2) You only have 2 nut drawing Hi hands  3) Position  4) You have no real Lo draw to speak of and finally  5) Position   These type of marginal hands are hard enough to play at the best of times and playing so OOP against the entire table of limpers makes them even harder to deal with.   When the flop comes down it is about as good as you could hope for. You could be up against QQ or QJ here and be drawing totally dead. Even if you are just up against a Q then you only have 60% equity here. Assuming they have an unpaired hand then they have 10 outs twice which makes them 40% to outdraw you and if they do you would then only have a 1 outer to save you.The turn is strangely enough good for you because you suddenly have more outs to a higher hand with 2 aces drawing for you. I think you did well to not raise and therfore lose the minimum you could here.   Any raise you could have made on the flop would only have ended up with it going all in and do you really want to be allin on that flop against the only one who has you outchipped when you only have at most a 60% chance of winning.just think of how your handchanged down the streets on the flop you had second nuts QQ and QJ count the same here. On the turn you are now behind to AA AQ QQ/QJ so you are down to fourth nuts and when the river comes in you have shrunk even lower to fifth nuts. The flop looked really pretty but no matter how thwe cards came from then on in your hand would diminish on every street.   If you are going to play these marginals then try to do them with the benefit of position so you can take total control of the decisions down each street and have the ability to excercise pot control rather than hoping someone else will do that for you.
    Posted by Talon
    Yes