You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

99 - £5.5 dym what next?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok so i've hammered the dym's this last month, however last week went on a major downswing. I think i started playing to win to early on,  rather than trying to just come 3rd. Anyway, took a few days off and started again today.

3rd game in and i've got 99, not sure what i should be doing here. The villain has been quiet and not made many  moves. 

Is this a snap fold, call or a shove. Any thoughts would be great.

Paul
-Typhoon- Small blind   200.00 200.00 2240.00
TOPCAT49 Big blind   400.00 600.00 1505.00
  Your hole cards

nezbeau Fold        
xxxxx Raise   1200.00 1800.00 1395.00

Comments

• edited December 2011
    fold

if you say villian has been quiet made literally no moves makes your decision simple he isn't going to be folding any hands and majority of hands he is putting half his stack in with crush 9s or you are flipping v AK/AQ/AJ but his raise is more TT+.... one thing you don't really need to do in dyms is get involved in flips especially when there is a player behind to act that is shorter than yourself
  • edited December 2011
    Easy fold.

If he is as tight as u say, then the chances are with a raise instead of a shove, he is prob holding a bigger pair or a hand where you are racing and with the BB short-stacked and prob should be shoving his hand himself wiv any 2 cards, its not worth the race.

Even if the BB does shove and wins, the original raiser becomes the short stack and will be BB in two hands time.
  • edited December 2011
    Ye he has raised half his stack from a similar chipstack as yours, its gotta be a fold on the bubble here because hes not folding to a ship and hes only calling with AQ AK that you beat. I dont think he has to hae and o/p because hes been tight, but you can find a better spot.

Also dont try to win a dym early! The important part is this stage when its 4 handed and making the right decisions based on stacks and reads.

• edited December 2011
    Snap fold.

You have plenty for the curret blind level.
  • edited December 2011
    Cheers guys

As i thought, an easy fold, just wasn't sure if i was being to nitty. I think A10+ here he would have shipped all-in to close the action. My thinking here he is deffo on a higher pair.

Paul