You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do others do?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I am in a DYM. From the first deal one of the table is asleep or lost connection and "away" shows on his name. We get to 4 players and apart from him (1000ish) we all have 3k+. I think let just let him blind out by folding round but the other two keep raising and betting when away-man has already folded. Is it me or am I missing something when I wonder if some players are a liitle dim?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    LOL I have this sometimes, you want to liturally reach in to the screen and give em a good hard slap, or is that just me :).

Best thing you can do is just sit tight and because you have 3x the amount of away player you should see him out. Now imagine having these 'dim' players doing this when you have same amount as away player then the game gets real fun. 

One thing I try is typing in chat 'HE'S AWAY' which often works but you usually get the table donkey who will relentlessly raise 'trying to win' despite top 3 paid, this is a spot where getting AA/KK really helps, get ya double and coast. 
  • edited December 2011
    Gr8 I thought I was the only one suffering

thks
  • ybyb
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: What do others do?:
    LOL I have this sometimes, you want to liturally reach in to the screen and give em a good hard slap, or is that just me :). Best thing you can do is just sit tight and because you have 3x the amount of away player you should see him out. Now imagine having these 'dim' players doing this when you have same amount as away player then the game gets real fun.  One thing I try is typing in chat 'HE'S AWAY' which often works but you usually get the table donkey who will relentlessly raise 'trying to win' despite top 3 paid, this is a spot where getting AA/KK really helps, get ya double and coast. 
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    tacit collusion is fine, this is not.
  • edited December 2011
    I thought it's only collusion when you say 'lets all limp in to get him out' when someones super short ?

When I say HE'S AWAY that's just stating a fact surely ?
  • ybyb
    edited December 2011
    yeah but you're saying it with the intention of gaining an advantage at someone else's expense, you probably would never get into any trouble for it but i still think it's a pretty craappy thing to do.
  • edited December 2011
    But that 'someone' is away so they're gonna lose anyway (yes some get connected again but I'm talking about whole game away) so it's just a case of reminding people. Also it might be craapy but I play to win if they can't get a decent connection it's their problem. 
  • edited December 2011
    I was on a table once with an 'away' person and another player was berated other players for stealing his blinds.

What did he expect? For us to call every time and then check down to river to make it fair on the away person.
  • edited December 2011
    I recently entered a low stacks DYM and was away the last 95% of the game due to work and still cashed lol