You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not sure for or againt on this spot. Any thoughts?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Anyone? DUST? Anyone?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Leaving names in as dont see anyone does anything wrong.

Had quite a debate with housemate about this hand.  His POV being I'm only getting called by better or a hand I'm flipping against. 

I agree with this, but I get the last bet in, and its a meaningful bet.  Quite likely active players are sharing outs, our 4bet squeezing out initial opener and caller.  Dont know if I always shove here, but only 3rd hand at table so readless.  Seems like Its only a shove or fold to me.

£2 BH approaching bubble.  3rd in chips at time.
    teetoo Small blind   100.00 100.00 8175.00
    ilove2h8pr Big blind   200.00 300.00 9790.00
      Your hole cards

mychips282 Fold        
    chewyman Raise   600.00 900.00 9450.00
    redream Call   600.00 1500.00 9660.00
    perkyplumb Fold        
    teetoo Raise   2100.00 3600.00 6075.00
    ilove2h8pr All-in   9790.00 13390.00 0.00
    chewyman Fold        
    redream Fold        
    teetoo All-in   6075.00 19465.00 0.00
    ilove2h8pr Unmatched bet   1715.00 17750.00 1715.00
    teetoo Show
    • K
    • A

ilove2h8pr Show

• edited December 2011
    Well Teetoo might aswell have said in the chatbox 'I'm all in' cos once he makes a 3bet for 25% of his stack there is zero chance of him folding so you have NO fold equity against him and the fact he hasn't just jammed it all in makes me think it's not a medium pair because he'd want to either take it down there and then or at least take a race 2way, so I think here he's only ever gonna show up with JJ+ or AK, not to mention the 2 people who have put 600 into the pot already.... So I think you're gonna be in horrible shape virtually 100% of the time, so as horrible as it is, I think you can just fold only losing your big blind
  • edited December 2011
    pretty standard fold imo, unless you know villain likes to squeeze light
  • edited December 2011
    raise call then a reraise with your all in your lucky to be flipping here when all chips are in the middle 10 10 is not great the way the action has gone teetoo could easily have an over pair to your 10s here i would of folded preflop and look for better spots for me looks like ya flipping at best 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Not sure for or againt on this spot. Any thoughts?:
    raise call then a reraise with your all in your lucky to be flipping here when all chips are in the middle 10 10 is not great the way the action has gone teetoo could easily have an over pair to your 10s here i would of folded preflop and look for better spots for me looks like ya flipping at best 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Pretty much in a nutshell!

The small blind has to be strong most of the time unless he is a total maniac. He has seen a 3xraise in an early posn and a call behind and still raises, showing no fear of what he has seen so far and OOP to boot! Your 10's are usually doomed here. Fold pre with the info you have been given. The BB posn is very good pre flop as you see all the action before you have to make your decision, use that info to your advantage. 
  • edited December 2011
    Easiest fold ever
  • edited December 2011
    Easiest fold ever
    Posted by ricky1984
    100% agree +1
  • edited December 2011
    Easiest fold ever
    Posted by ricky1984
    No its not.
  • edited December 2011
    Have to say I mostly disagree with much of this.

We have no idea of table dynamic, plus its likely players are sharing outs.  Were just going to auto muck 10's readless when we have no idea of player types...? 

Opponet is quite likely to raise with AK/q type hands and worse pp being a low stake BH.  We get last meaningful bet in. 

If the button had of shoved i auto sigh fold because of only having one way to win.

If I can shove, knowing I'm getting called by overs I dont mind it, especially because initial raiser and flat caller likely have some of 3betters outs, when he doesnt have an over pair
  • edited December 2011
    not sure why you think getting "last meaningful bet " in is so great, doubt he folds better/anything that flips given the odds he gets

You are prob behind range villain gets it in with. If guy who opened originally gets it in you are toast v his range. Given you have a stack with some play left and should have an advantage over other players at this level I think its a fold. Dont think its as clearcut as some though, given likely dead money in pot and possibility villain might squeeze light 
  • edited December 2011
    I'd rather be in a position to make a final meaningful bet than call, as the meaningful bet allows 2 ways to win, calling it off 1.