You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

On average do I have a bluff catcher?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
FlashFlush Small blind   40.00 40.00 9625.00
VILLAIN
Big blind   80.00 120.00 6230.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

LadyFingrs Raise   200.00 320.00 6300.00
mike1975 Call   200.00 520.00 2325.00
FlashFlush Fold        
VILLAIN
Call   120.00 640.00 6110.00
Flop

• Q

VILLAIN
Check        
LadyFingrs Bet   320.00 960.00 5980.00
mike1975 Fold        
VILLAIN
Call   320.00 1280.00 5790.00
Turn

VILLAIN
Check        
LadyFingrs Check        
River

• A

VILLAIN
Bet   1280.00 2560.00 4510.00
LadyFingrs Call   1280.00 3840.00 4700.00
VILLAIN
Show
  • J

LadyFingrs Show
  • K

LadyFingrs Win Ace high 3840.00   8540.00

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Great call... I know your a man but can you have my babies!!

Personally im lost on that hand. You have bet flop he calls, so he must have something, either that or is setting u up for a bluff... the check/call shows he is fishing for something but on that board it could only be J10 (Easy to say after, but you cant put them on a single hand on the flop)

The check obviously gives them a free card, but then the A on the river... well IMO he has called pre, and still called flop. There are no flush draws out there which would explain busted flush potsize bet. He may well have the A, but on the other hand he could of had trips all along and wanted to slowplay until the ace came to get paid. On this occasion it turned out he had junk and was the busted str8 bet.. But IMO in the long run he has got something here.

Unless you have ALOT of previous with a player, i dont think you can call here with that much action with only K high.

P.S Ill remember this for our £22 d/s games ;-)
  • edited November 2009
    I hope this was a .30p DYM.
  • edited November 2009
    Tbh theres so much air and hands that rivered top pair In my range that It doesn't really make a ton of sense for him to v/b ~2nd Pair OR turn a small pair into a bluff. He would prob 3b AQ and I don't thinkk he's capable of reverse floating OOP /w A high. I think he can only have missed SD's and A9 sometimes here, and i'm getting 2:1 so it was liek close ur eyes and call lol.
  • edited November 2009
    how could you call that maddy lol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: On average do I have a bluff catcher?:
    Tbh theres so much air and hands that rivered top pair In my range that It doesn't really make a ton of sense for him to v/b ~2nd Pair OR turn a small pair into a bluff. He would prob 3b AQ and I don't thinkk he's capable of reverse floating OOP /w A high. I think he can only have missed SD's and A9 sometimes here, and i'm getting 2:1 so it was liek close ur eyes and call lol.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    Your thought process isn't the same as his.  It would not surprise me for him to have Ax/sets/weird 2 pairs here.

• edited November 2009
    Maybe a hero call, but I wouldn't use the word hero.
  • edited November 2009
    yeah I been thinking about this hand alot, and I think scotty is not neccessarily right in his assessment of VILLAIN's thought process, his assessment that his range may be a little wider than I thought may be right enough lol. Though I don't think he has any weird 2p hands apart from A9 (which isn't really weird). Prob mainly sets in his value range.

Prob is bluffing with KT/KJ a bunch aswell lol
  • edited November 2009
    good  read  lady  fingers
  • edited November 2009
    If the 9 was the 9 hearts instead I like the call. As played tho you were just lucky that this time he had the JT because most of the time you'll be beat.