You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How do you find the motivation?

edited December 2011 in Area 51
How do you find the motivation to continue after such a bad run? When you bankroll dwindles down.

Its so sick, how bad it is atm.

Bad beat after bad beat.

Aces, kings, queens get beat when i actually have a customer, which is very rare i have a customer.

Dominating hands getting beat.

Runner runner.

I'm not exaggerating here aswell, in the past 2 days i have not given someone a bad beat, no word of a lie.

Just sick of it, and losing the motivation really quickly?

Help...

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Have a break. Have a kitkat - and do not let online poker have an adverse impact on your life.

If it's leaving you sad, poor, headpunching mad, a pain in the @r$e to live with etc it's time to take stock. Don't buy into all of the cr@p about the "beautiful game" and if you master it you can make a nice income thank you very much. Play for fun. If it stops being fun, stop playing.

Perhaps you might like to be the first responder to a new thread I have started here in Area 51?
  • edited December 2011
    Great reply from Goethe.

Poker is a fun game. If you're losing and getting angry then accept that it may not be for you and move on :)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to How do you find the motivation?:
    How do you find the motivation to continue after such a bad run? When you bankroll dwindles down. Its so sick, how bad it is atm. Bad beat after bad beat. Aces, kings, queens get beat when i actually have a customer, which is very rare i have a customer. Dominating hands getting beat. Runner runner. I'm not exaggerating here aswell, in the past 2 days i have not given someone a bad beat, no word of a lie. Just sick of it, and losing the motivation really quickly? Help...
    Posted by D_Chivers
    2 days? u aint seen nuffin yet! :P

try playing sumthin totally different.

try low stakes turbo HU games. u shud win 50% of games which will at least stop the bleeding. 
  • edited December 2011
    I've been playing poker for over nearly two year and do really enjoy it. just gets quite frustrating when your watching your bankroll dwindle, when your getting your money in ahead, nigh on all the time. hopefully it will turn around soon.
  • edited December 2011
    USE A PUNCH BAG (NO NOT YA MISSES), IF THAT DON`T WORK GET DRUNK AND START A FIGHT WITH SOMEONE FOUR TIMES YOUR SIZE ( YES THE MISSES). ALTHOUGH BOTH HEAD/BODY WILL HURT NEXT MORNING,

BUT STILL WORTH IT ?