You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT turn situation vs table bully. What now?

Villain was table bully with that stack. Whats the move on the turn? Whats his betsizing mean here normally? He obviously has something to call the flop re raise but his lead of 200 is weird on the turn. What do you think guys? Give us a line check also please.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
daggers747 Big blind  200.00 200.00 5925.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

r1badboy17 Call  200.00 400.00 20738.75
SKUNKY Fold     
DrSharp Raise  600.00 1000.00 4235.00
drumahai05 Fold     
daggers747 Fold     
r1badboy17 Call  400.00 1400.00 20338.75
Flop

• Q

r1badboy17 Bet  200.00 1600.00 20138.75
DrSharp Raise  1100.00 2700.00 3135.00
r1badboy17 Call  900.00 3600.00 19238.75
Turn

• K

r1badboy17 Bet  200.00 3800.00 19038.75
DrSharp ??

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I'd raise more on flop like 2000.

Turn really weird, worse card you can see lol, just call and hope he bets small/checks river.
  • edited December 2011
    raise size on flop is good imo

meh I prob call and call or vbet small on most rivers

someone who limpcalls, minbet/calls, donk min bets just strikes me as bad, hes not playing very aggro in this hand for a table bully
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: MTT turn situation vs table bully. What now?:
    raise size on flop is good imo meh I prob call and call or vbet small on most rivers someone who limpcalls, minbet/calls, donk min bets just strikes me as bad, hes not playing very aggro in this hand for a table bully
    Posted by grantorino
    Yep, sorry. Lack of info on my part. I had not seen him do this before, he was splashing around in plenty of pots and i dont think anyone else had a stack of his size on the table if memory serves me correct. He was normally pushing the action and then he does this.

To be honest, on the flop i put him on a draw, or he wants to see a cheap showdown with 2nd pair or something, hence the raise. It was just a weird line by villain and it has been playing on my mind all day so thought i would let you guys have a look.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd raise more on flop like 2000. Turn really weird, worse card you can see lol, just call and hope he bets small/checks river.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I'm not sure about such a large raise on the flop as 2000. I was worried about 10,J getting there on the turn or even K,Q but wanted to keep those hands in but giving the incorrect odds, which i did. Unfortunately both those kind of hands got there and he min raises again. Why would he do that after i had shown such strength on the flop? Doesnt make sense.
  • edited December 2011
    i think your play on the flop is good. i would call the turn as a k is possible for a lose player and then call the river if its below 1000
  • edited December 2011
    i think your play on the flop is good. i would call the turn as a k is possible for a lose player and then call the river if its below 1000
    Posted by jams88
    id say below a larger amount than that ur asking for 1/4 pot odds to make the call. not going to happen often.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd just want to get to showdown as cheaply as possible here, tbh. Looks like he's just a bad player rather than aggressive, but hate the king. he's bound to turn over K5o or something...
  • edited December 2011
    If i just call, will that not show weakness on my part? Am i just turning my hand in to a bluff catcher? He could shove river with air after my weak call and i am left with a real tough decision. If he is still drawing, by just calling turn i am giving him the correct odds for him to hit. What do you think?
  • edited December 2011
    I think raising the turn would be suicide. Use your position to your advantage and just flat turn.

If you raise the turn you are essentially bluffing. Just flat his redic 200 bet and decide on the end. He could easily hae the nut str8 already. the only drawy hand he could hae is 34 hearts? lol

When a bully starts min betting alarm bells hae to ring surely.
  • edited December 2011
    such a stupid bet on turn,oppo ain't got a clue tbh
     either a bad blocker bet or oppo has the str/2 pr or weak Q

either way just flat and call any stupid river bet
  • edited December 2011
    A bit smelly but i'm with rancid
  • edited December 2011
    raise size on flop is good imo meh I prob call and call or vbet small on most rivers someone who limpcalls, minbet/calls, donk min bets just strikes me as bad, hes not playing very aggro in this hand for a table bully
    Posted by grantorino
    THIS