You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Min buy in can I expect a move with this type of player

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I have no reads or notes on this player he has just sat down the hand before with just over £4 and got a walk on the BB.
Why has he sat down with just over £4 on a 20nl table?
Maybe blown his bank roll and playing on tilt, scared money or even no bank roll and fancy's a punt above his BR???
With this in mind is his river bet a donk bet? 
With the A should I flat but dont see any milage in that as most short stacks will shove the turn here IMO, so my only option I feel is to put him all in or fold..... your thoughts on how to play this please?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxSmall blind £0.10£0.10£4.78
REAPER55Big blind £0.20£0.30£7.31
terrier922Big blind £0.20£0.50£41.47
 Your hole cards

terrier922Check    
waynecRaise £0.80£1.30£21.23
xxCall £0.70£2.00£4.08
REAPER55Call £0.60£2.60£6.71
terrier922Call £0.60£3.20£40.87
Flop

• A

xxBet £0.80£4.00£3.28
REAPER55Fold    
terrier922Fold    
waynec??    

Comments

• edited December 2011
    just fold pal only cost you 80p looks like ace rag to me 
  • edited December 2011
    Up to you really wayne , IF ya put him on an A then its a fold , IF not then set him in.

In reference to ure comment on his buy in , well i see alot of players do this and it dont automatically make them BAD players as sum just like to play this way.

Oh and merry xmas xx
  • edited December 2011
    well played u beat heehaw and u cant float v his stack
  • edited December 2011
    LOL so sick, so tempted to shove on his asss but probz fold after crying.
  • edited December 2011

i think the fold is your best option.
    he may have the rag ace or even a 5.
    i find with people that join with min buy in are looking for a shove to double up.
    also when these people join the table it kills the whole dynamics of the table,you may be playing well and have good reads on those players at the table but, when someone jions with min buy in, they just want to shove,
    knowing that they risk little but stand to win lots.
    personally i fold to any of their bets unless i know im winning.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Min buy in can I expect a move with this type of player:
    Up to you really wayne , IF ya put him on an A then its a fold , IF not then set him in. In reference to ure comment on his buy in , well i see alot of players do this and it dont automatically make them BAD players as sum just like to play this way. Oh and merry xmas xx
    Posted by debdobs_67

Thanks Deb and merry xmas to you too
    I was not suggesting he is a bad player, just that it is not a good idea to join 20nl with just £4. with a call to any raise and once he bets/calls the flop he is pot commited. So I was really not sure how to play this, I did fold but doubted a few hands later my actions as this player made the same move against a player with AA, he busted out showing 87 I think.
    I do think a lot of players do join very short stacked as they seem to play a bingo type poker ie; shove with any pair hoping for a double up!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Min buy in can I expect a move with this type of player:
    i think the fold is your best option. he may have the rag ace or even a 5. i find with people that join with min buy in are looking for a shove to double up. also when these people join the table it kills the whole dynamics of the table,you may be playing well and have good reads on those players at the table but, when someone jions with min buy in, they just want to shove, knowing that they risk little but stand to win lots. personally i fold to any of their bets unless i know im winning.
    Posted by bludreid11

Thanks for your comment I have to agree with everything you posted!

• edited December 2011

if your completly readless & have X'd the player name out how is anybody suppost to know why the guy decided to shortstack? why is it even a question? who cares! dont worry about pointless rubbish like that lol.

anyway when he donk leads flop multiway its pretty much always raggy ace so sadly u just gotta fold