You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SnG - First Hand Shove

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic

This is literally the first hand of a 10-player £2.25 sit-and-go Bounty Hunter.

skaman1 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1990.00
DONKEY3671 Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

OXBOWLER Fold     
ghillie Call  20.00 50.00 1980.00
Pysterman Raise  80.00 130.00 1920.00
skaman1 All-in  1990.00 2120.00 0.00
DONKEY3671 Fold     
ghillie Fold     
Pysterman
How often is this a maniac shoving light? Is it this worth calling?

(I actually folded, thinking it better to stay tight early on. He could be doing this with a pocket pair - no need to flip for my life at this stage - and if he's actually got the hand he's representing I'm in real trouble.)

Comments

• edited December 2011
    I think the fold is correct even if has rags, better to wait for a better spot IMO
  • edited December 2011
    I probz call.

This is a normal SNG I presume which is weighted top heavy so you need to win, also it's a bounty hunter so people will most likely be getting it in super light to 'get the bounty's' and I can't see him doing this with AA/KK unless he's double bluffing you lol and hard to have AA/KK when you hace AK, pretty sure he has lots of random under cards you're ahead of here.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: SnG - First Hand Shove:
    I probz call. This is a normal SNG I presume which is weighted top heavy so you need to win, also it's a bounty hunter so people will most likely be getting it in super light to 'get the bounty's' and I can't see him doing this with AA/KK unless he's double bluffing you lol and hard to have AA/KK when you hace AK, pretty sure he has lots of random under cards you're ahead of here.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

i see this thing all the time, its pretty much always AK, mebbe AQ, or 66-1010

if u think u have an decent edge over the the rest of the field u should defo fold as u can get their chips easier in a different way, but say u were in the sky roller/some other high buyin and were intimidated with the field, getting ur chips in as at worst a 50/50 to double up is a good as chance as any and should prob take it
  • edited December 2011
    it's a snap call. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: SnG - First Hand Shove : i see this thing all the time, its pretty much always AK, mebbe AQ, or 66-1010 if u think u have an decent edge over the the rest of the field u should defo fold as u can get their chips easier in a different way, but say u were in the sky roller/some other high buyin and were intimidated with the field, getting ur chips in as at worst a 50/50 to double up is a good as chance as any and should prob take it
    Posted by sikas
    I think this was also a factor in my folding. I've a pretty good record in these Bounty Hunters at this level (have cashed in 8 of my last 9). The player in question hardly played a hand for the next few orbits so may not have been such a maniac after all. I went on to finish 2nd.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: SnG - First Hand Shove : I think this was also a factor in my folding. I've a pretty good record in these Bounty Hunters at this level (have cashed in 8 of my last 9). The player in question hardly played a hand for the next few orbits so may not have been such a maniac after all. I went on to finish 2nd.
    Posted by Pysterman
    just think if you called in these type of spots you may actually win some lol
  • edited December 2011
    It's become i big a commen thing now in sit and go first hands people are so used to somone just sitting down tilted as hell going on a mad one you have no infomation on him for me it would depend on the style of the sit an go if it's a fast game id make the call if it was a slow deep game i fold, on a £2 game though i make the call specialy in a bounty game. Correct fold though just see it too much first hand when u see  guys allin and calls with stupid range of hands even more so in a bounty game
  • edited December 2011
    snap call from snapsville he could be doing this with same hand or evn a q a j if hes a loose aggro player and any middle pair so a flip u aint in bad shape here id call this in a heartbeat 
  • edited December 2011
    I call all day long
  • edited December 2011
    snap call, honestly no differance than if you have 15 bigs
  • edited December 2011
    its such a big raise so cant be aces u wouldnt go all in with aces but it is a bonuty hunter wouldnt suprise me looks like a flip to me but could be doing it with a q 
  • edited December 2011
    Can I pose the question- what if the buy-in were £75 and not £2 would all of the calling advice be the same?