You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£1/£1 live cash game hand. River play???

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok found a local live game i wasnt actually going to play in it, just needed to speak to my dad but watched a 5 handed table for about 20 mins and decided to sit down.

At the point of this hand im sat with £65-$70 from my £30 BI im on the button and the table is playing extremely loose. We're currently 5 handed at this point.

UTG (loose passive) Limps for £1
CO (usually TAG but playing quite LAG today) limps £1
Me (BTN) Looks at A♦ Q♥
I raise to £5
SB (Loose Aggressive) calls
BB folds
UTG Calls
CO Calls

FLop comes 2♣ 6♣ 10♠

Checked to me and i check back. Not a fan of c-betting 4 way

Turn 7♦

checked round again

river Q♣

Checked to CO who bets £12
me to act. Whats the best play here???

Comments

• edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Buy in full!

Raise bigger pre, Call river
  • edited December 2011
    just a cool for me mate

• edited December 2011
    Defo just call, but why buy in for 30bbs, surely you can't play PROPER cash with that size stack?
  • edited December 2011
    firstly as others say no point buy in for 30 bbs in most live cash games ok on online depending on game

your raise size generally wont achieve anything live it wont detract most live players and so you are just inflating a pot (fair enough if thats your plan)

personally i either just raise more or join the limpathon

as played call the river
  • edited December 2011
    can i just state i was shortin as its what i had on me at the time. when i went in i wasnt planning on playing so only had whatever was in my wallet. I know shorting isnt ideal, but i felt even with 30BB i had enough of an edge on this table or i wouldnt have bothered sitting.
  • edited December 2011
    go and get more money

prob raise a little more pre

call river prob best, are you considering folding ? Dont think you can raise without much better reads
  • edited December 2011
    Calling is the pretty obvious play, with good reads you can maybe fold.

edit also with stack size now you can just ship the flop with overs and be all like 'GET THERE IF CALLED'
  • edited December 2011
    jam pre??

heard live games r worse than nl4, n id prob just shove pre with 29xbb @ nl4!
  • edited December 2011
    bet flop
    bet turn

if check flop
    deffo bet turn

as played
    call river

• edited December 2011

if river comes QD or QS id prob raise 4 value, as its QC i call, altho i think it should possibly be a fold. i think you should raise slightly more pre, i think flop & turn are fine tbh. buy in full tho

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: £1/£1 live cash game hand. River play???:
    bet flop bet turn if check flop deffo bet turn as played call river
    Posted by rancid
    why do you want to double barrell that board 4way v live players, esp as you would be basically all in on turn?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: £1/£1 live cash game hand. River play??? : why do you want to double barrell that board 4way v live players, esp as you would be basically all in on turn?
    Posted by grantorino
    Just because
    Don't understand the "live" players thing

live players are just bad anyway )
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: £1/£1 live cash game hand. River play??? : Just because Don't understand the "live" players thing live players are just bad anyway )
    Posted by rancid
    live players generally are more loose passive than online ones. Obv there are good players too, doubt there are many very good ones there or Don pob wouldnt sit. I woudnt  be betting online either fwiw

Great explanation though
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: £1/£1 live cash game hand. River play??? : live players generally are more loose passive than online ones. Obv there are good players too, doubt there are many very good ones there or Don pob wouldnt sit. I woudnt  be betting online either fwiw Great explanation though
    Posted by grantorino
    )

Starting with 30 bigs, if you decide to go with a hand then go with it tbh
    Not going to be messing about with 30 bigs,

go with it or fold pre )

And yeah loose passive, yeah bad !
    Either pay to draw or look I just c/c with monster !

• edited December 2011
    player doesnt have 30bb's
  • edited December 2011
    It's been checked to the river 4 way an u hit top pair on river and one of the guys last to act in the hand put's a bet out ALL YEAR LONG CALL! if he hit a cheeky 2 pair on river or summit then nice hand. No value in a raise in this spot. But if u was thinking of folding think u answered that. CO (usually TAG but playing quite LAG today). You got information on him then i guess. does he bet his flush draws? would he check any pair on the flop ? if he had a 7 would he bet on the turn ? if made a straight on the turn would he check with a flush draw out there? the way the hand went id say he made a pair on the river with like a QJ , Q9 small chance he made a flush but like i said you have the history on him. what happend anyway?
  • edited December 2011
    i had 65-70BB in this hand. Already found a nice spot to double with before this.

Ill give a little more reads on CO, their actually probably the best player at this table of the other players. Their a consistant winner at local events. Although i still think they'd struggle at a decent level online. Poker round here really isnt that strong a game and the best players arent even that good in honesty. Going by history id find it hard to see them betting Flop or Turn with less than top pair tbh. Expessially because i know that they know the blinds are folding any part of that if theyve hit. This was another reason for me not c-betting. Therefore im comfortable to rule out a hand like QT from their range. But i know stuff like Q6s is defo there as well as lots of flush draws. HU pot i think theyd bet the draw or a weaker pair. But not worring about what theyd do in a HU pot too much in this situation.