You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fold QQ pre flop at NL8?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Tough spot, but can I fold here?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
JackoG9 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.53
Strider_78 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £5.64
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

alcando Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £9.57
soff Fold     
TheRat1 Fold     
g_dawwwg Fold     
JackoG9 Raise  £0.72 £1.08 £7.81
Strider_78 Fold     
alcando All-in  £9.57 £10.65 £0.00
JackoG9 ??

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Id be suprised if THIS villian does not have KK or AA , but notes aint always correct ;))
  • edited December 2011
    I ain't folding this, looks like AK to me.
  • edited December 2011
    even if it is ak ya not that far ahead and u are guessing i think its a fold here would 10 10 or jj  go all in here i ver much doubt here so ya guessing he has ak and thats at best even then ya marginal favourite i would fold here for alot of reasons 
  • edited December 2011
    i would let this go.
  • edited December 2011
    1. You should know the answer to that question before you 3bet

2. The answer should nearly always be call, otherwise you prob shouldnt be 3betting. To 3b/f QQ 100BB deep you would need very clear reads on his flatting and raising ranges
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Fold QQ pre flop at NL8?:
    1. You should know the answer to that question before you 3bet 2. The answer should nearly always be call, otherwise you prob shouldnt be 3betting. To 3b/f QQ 100BB deep you would need very clear reads on his flatting and raising ranges
    Posted by grantorino
    +1 if you considering 3 bet folding QQ then just flat tbh
  • edited December 2011
    not sure here gt. the vill 4 x utg with any half decent hand, im not flatting with qq to that kinda bet (at this level) . but the 4 bet all in changes my thinking  of how strong the qs are now. people dont 3 bet f very often (if ever ) at nl 8 so he aint jamming to get you off this hand . if qq is flipping here hes lucky.
  • edited December 2011
    not sure here gt. the vill 4 x utg with any half decent hand, im not flatting with qq to that kinda bet (at this level) . but the 4 bet all in changes my thinking  of how strong the qs are now. people dont 3 bet f very often (if ever ) at nl 8 so he aint jamming to get you off this hand . if qq is flipping here hes lucky.
    Posted by pod1
    Just depends what oppo 4 bet shoves 100 bb deep, otherwise can't see how we fold here

Like GT states, need really good solid reads to consider folding here - I think it's s standard 3 bet spot/get it in
  • edited December 2011
    Posted by pod1
    just because you beat his opening range doesnt mean you should 3bet

When we 3bet he can fold/call/4bet. We dont want him to fold, if we are 3b/f we need to be pretty sure he only 4bets better and has a pretty wide flatting range (maybe this happens enough at 8NL but I wouldnt like to assume it readless). Otherwise we almost turn QQ into a bluff
  • edited December 2011
    what do you think the range is for 90% of people to 4 bet jam?
  • edited December 2011
    what do you think the range is for 90% of people to 4 bet jam?
    Posted by pod1
    There are benefits to flat here with QQ to get value from worse, even though worse will flat your 3 bet very probably anyway - but at the same time you have to think about your own perceived 3 betting range )

If your 3 betting QQ, then get it in - if you don't then how do you get action on AA/KK ?

a very small percentage of the time you can 3 bet fold where oppo range is always only KK/AA
    Yet again depends what oppo's 4 bet shove range is :s

without reads - QQ - auto stack off

• edited December 2011
    i must me such a nit, yes i auto stack ks here but not qs. what  you doing with jj rancid pre and post?
  • edited December 2011
    i must me such a nit, yes i auto stack ks here but not qs. what  you doing with jj rancid pre and post?
    Posted by pod1
    So if this same hand happened to you at NL30 you'd fold against a random ?!
  • edited December 2011
    Posted by pod1
    If I post all my ranges, would that be ok )

Depends, dynamic/oppo

v random with no reads, may just flat

• edited December 2011
    i think you highlighted the wrong bit dude, but good question. the game is a litle more subtle at nl30 and i a goodish player wouldnt  do this (standard 4 bet ) you have more experience at this level than i do, but like i said before most people dont 3 bet  fold so he is doing this wanting you to call. 
    back to would i call at nl30 mmmmm, depends how he has played whilst on the table and how he percieves my game.
  • edited December 2011
    Bottom line is if your playing against players that only 4 bet AA/KK then that's one easy table )

You could effectively 4 bet all 3 bets and make it profitable )
  • edited December 2011
    apart from like i say rancid people dont 3 bet fold so as long as you dont 4bet light you should do just fine lol
  • edited December 2011
    no one said it was ez
  • edited December 2011
    jacks dont shove here neither do 10s u have reads that they are a looose aggro player your guessing they have ak so is it worth a guess for a 56/44 shot not for me i fold this for sure 
  • edited December 2011
    go with your gut. In most cases I would fold unless I had a very good read
  • edited December 2011
    i think you highlighted the wrong bit dude, but good question. the game is a litle more subtle at nl30 and i a goodish player wouldnt  do this (standard 4 bet ) you have more experience at this level than i do, but like i said before most people dont 3 bet  fold so he is doing this wanting you to call.  back to would i call at nl30 mmmmm, depends how he has played whilst on the table and how he percieves my game.
    Posted by pod1
    No offence but these sort of lines tilt me so bad, it's like your saying we're a bunch of mindless Neandathols running around with clubs, I've seen NL30 hands on Mastercash and many are very similar to NL4. 
  • edited December 2011
    not designed to tilt you dude , just fact. of coarse theres some crass play, i should know i do it quite regularly but on the whole the standard is better and you cant deny that. better hands are camouflaged poorer hands are played better fact. MOST people have earnt the right to play higher levels hence the play is on the whole better. come on dude even you say there is a big difference in nl10 to nl4 why would you possibly think nl30 is worse than that!
  • edited December 2011
    NL4/NL30/NL100

You still have QQ )

The only question is what is oppo 4 bet shoving !

Think higher up it would just be a 4 bet raise and not a shove

Shove essentially could be anything 88+ AK
    And we go full circle, need solid reads here to fold
  • edited December 2011
    not designed to tilt you dude , just fact. of coarse theres some crass play, i should know i do it quite regularly but on the whole the standard is better and you cant deny that. better hands are camouflaged poorer hands are played better fact. MOST people have earnt the right to play higher levels hence the play is on the whole better. come on dude even you say there is a big difference in nl10 to nl4 why would you possibly think nl30 is worse than that!
    Posted by pod1
    Well it should be as it's over 7x the BI of NL4 and most people don't start out at NL30 unless thy have money to burn or start off knowing EVERYTHING about the game which is hard having never played it....

I didn't say it was worse, just that certain plays at NL30 and even higher are similar to NL4, people open limping UTG with junk for example. 
  • edited December 2011
    88+ really rancid, ruddy ell and you think im aggro!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Fold QQ pre flop at NL8? : Well it should be as it's over 7x the BI of NL4 and most people don't start out at NL30 unless thy have money to burn or start off knowing EVERYTHING about the game which is hard having never played it.... I didn't say it was worse, just that certain plays at NL30 and even higher are similar to NL4, people open limping UTG with junk for example. 
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Goes without saying there are bad players at all levels relatively speaking.

• edited December 2011
    88+ really rancid, ruddy ell and you think im aggro!!
    Posted by pod1

player dependant obviously but there some players at NL8 that will happily do this with mid prs !
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    so an unknown at 8nl only shows up with KK+,AK? Give him JJ or about 8 more combos of Ax and its call. People definitely spew enough to call it off imo

you better be sure he flats pretty wide and shoves pretty narrow before you 3b/f this. Otherwise either 3b/c or flat the initial raise