You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 NL with AA

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
villain is a big fish in these games and is probably a little annoyed of me using my position on him in every pot and generally trying to win the race to stack him.  notes say he will lead out with strong hands and that he will call with a wide range pre flop and that he is a calling station.  he has no real moves so the shove will be with something rather than pure air.  over pairs and smaller pairs are possible.  other player in the hand im not worried about as they are not deep enough to make me ever consider folding AA
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
scotty77 Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £97.91
villain Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £50.77
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

GLifUlose Fold     
huuuuume Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £60.80
mrmac19807 Fold     
surf22 Call  £1.50 £3.75 £27.82
scotty77 Fold     
villain Call  £1.00 £4.75 £49.77
Flop

villain Check     
huuuuume Bet  £3.50 £8.25 £57.30
surf22 Raise  £9.00 £17.25 £18.82
villain All-in  £49.77 £67.02 £0.00
what do i do?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    wow tricky spot here id have to sigh fold this tho some 1 could easily have a 2 looks like 1 of them has a flush draw i cant see the guy going all in light here after a bet and a reraise id say ace 2 

• edited December 2011
    would they play a 2 like this worried by the flush draw? maybe ace 8, could be over pair, doubt a draw themselves. cant see it being at 2 looking again and reading notes not at this level. call i think, but im a spewy fish!!
  • edited December 2011
    with a raise and a all in cant see how your ahead here but im nitty when it comes to these decisions think its a big gamble 
  • edited December 2011
    big pot though :-)
  • edited December 2011

I would call after I finish fistpumping. Doubt he plays 88 like this, do fish ever play 2x this fast? Cant see how you can fold

• edited December 2011
    whats the hand ID for this one?

fwiw I don't think you can ever really fold AA on a 822 esp when you have the image that you do

edit:  there might be like 2 or 3 regs that I would hate my life with AA with this action but from memory they weren't on when we were playing but I was playing 18 tables and tilting my balls off so hard to remember.
  • edited December 2011
    don't worry just found the hand and am astonished. 
  • edited December 2011

I would call on the reads you have.

Against kk+,88,22, A2s and K2s your have 48.5% equity.

If their pushing A8,99+ and some fds your completely crushing their range but if they would call preflop with hands like k2o and q2s it would make it closer.
  • edited December 2011
    not 22 surley!!!
  • edited December 2011
    as long as you didn't fold everything is ok
  • edited December 2011
    You have him down as a poor player....surely u have to call here.
  • edited December 2011
    wohoooooooooooo call

sigh ? kick cat ?

• edited December 2011

folded with the assumption i would at least see showdown with other player to get an answer to whether it was a good fold or not.  unfortunately other guy folded too so didnt get to see what villain had.

im playing like garbage at the moment so nitted out of it tbh which was probably a good thing as im ridiculously spewy at the moment.  luckily i stacked him a few hands later but defo got this wrong by the looks of things.

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 50 NL with AA:
    folded with the assumption i would at least see showdown with other player to get an answer to whether it was a good fold or not.  unfortunately other guy folded too so didnt get to see what villain had. im playing like garbage at the moment so nitted out of it tbh which was probably a good thing as im ridiculously spewy at the moment.  luckily i stacked him a few hands later but defo got this wrong by the looks of things.
    Posted by huuuuume
    i think he had k q clubs and he was chasing a flush and hoping to hit i would say it was a gd lay down as u cant be sure defo a gd lay down
  • edited December 2011
    I suppose it's a bit late to say call now then lol.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 50 NL with AA:
    folded with the assumption i would at least see showdown with other player to get an answer to whether it was a good fold or not.  unfortunately other guy folded too so didnt get to see what villain had. im playing like garbage at the moment so nitted out of it tbh which was probably a good thing as im ridiculously spewy at the moment.  luckily i stacked him a few hands later but defo got this wrong by the looks of things.
    Posted by huuuuume
    the fact your capable of folding AA is always good thing, so many players cant! (myself included alot the time lol) sadly this isnt 1 of those spots where you should fold em (but im sure you now know that) you should snapcall this, i doubt he plays 88 like this
  • edited December 2011
    i dnt think it is a call its not a snap call heads up yeah but the way the action was huume bets then raised then reraised all in i think i would find a fold here with aa for sure 
  • edited December 2011
    Sky Poker 2, Chapter 3 Verse 11

'And thou shalt press the 'snappeth call' button with great haste, and enjoyeth the bounties of your action'
  • edited December 2011

easy fold AA , villain obviously holds 8 2  . Afterall it is SKY you are playing on