You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tough Spot PLO, Should i have let go?

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic
yerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
nuffSmall blind£0.10£0.10£14.93
kalvin14Big blind £0.20£0.30£24.29
aircon08Big blind £0.20£0.50£29.98
 Your hole cards
  • J

Fluxfoxy32Call £0.20£0.70£15.08
DNB-YTFCCall £0.20£0.90£5.74
aircon08Check    
nuffFold    
kalvin14Raise £0.60£1.50£23.69
Fluxfoxy32Call £0.60£2.10£14.48
DNB-YTFCCall £0.60£2.70£5.14
aircon08Call £0.60£3.30£29.38
Flop

• K
  • K

kalvin14Bet £1.70£5.00£21.99
Fluxfoxy32Call £1.70£6.70£12.78
DNB-YTFCAll-in £5.14£11.84£0.00
aircon08Raise £22.22£34.06£7.16
kalvin14Fold    
Fluxfoxy32All-in £12.78£46.84£0.00
aircon08Unmatched bet £7.74£39.10£14.90
Fluxfoxy32Show
  • J

DNB-YTFCShow
  • K

aircon08Show
  • K
  • A

Turn

River

aircon08WinFull House, Kings and 10s£38.30 £53.20
Tough Spot where i decided to call,  but the more i look at it , surely it should have been let go ? It was a way ahead or way behind situtaion and considering he had been pretty aggro with any sniff of a hand before it wasnt impossible that hed do this with AK? Main real reason i called was Because i had two blockers to his hand in my hand and He would have reraised pre with KKxx. In reality though he cant be raising here with anything other than the nuts??? Opinions please.

Comments

• edited December 2011
      Unfortunately for you this is not as simple as you are thinking it is. You described it as way ahead or way behind but that is not the case, what this is is way behind/drawing dead or marginally ahead.It is quite possible in this scenario for him to have a hand like KK72r which is far from being a raising hand.

When the action comes on the flop and you are asked to call that big bet then you can really only put him on 3 possible hands. KKxx   KTxx  or Kxxx. Against the first 2 you are drawing totally dead and against the third hand your opponent has (if no pair in hand) 10 outs twice against you which makes you only about 60/40 favourite. So as you can see the reality of it is that you are either virtually dead in the water or a marginal favourite.

So as to the hand itself.

Preflop: I hate your limp here because you are playing a marginal hand OOP( only 2 nut drawing hands) so i would favour a fold here. Once you have limped then you have to call the raise so that i dont think is too bad.

Flop: I believe after hitting that board so well you have to call the c-bet here but not raise at this point, so i am fine with that part. Once all the action then ensues after you then this hand should have been in the muck faster than a very fast thing.Because like i said you are at best only a marginal favourite and could easily be drawing totally dead.

There is a strange aspect within omaha that folding the nuts(especially if dead to any redraws) on the flop is very often the correct move. If folding the nuts can be correct then folding second nuts should be relatively easy.

Only my opinion FWIW but i hope it is of some use.
  • edited December 2011
    Should've folded pre IMO. As played, coming from an Omaha fish, I'd probably go broke on the flop but Talon has it spot on, think it's fairly easy to fold, as your opponent either has KKxx or KTxx with that kind of bet.
  • edited December 2011
    this is a fold it looks like the nuts but some 1 could easily have k 10 here with the action raise and all in i some 1 has the nuts here they probably do what else are they all in with thats what u gotta think 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Tough Spot PLO, Should i have let go?:
      Unfortunately for you this is not as simple as you are thinking it is. You described it as way ahead or way behind but that is not the case, what this is is way behind/drawing dead or marginally ahead.It is quite possible in this scenario for him to have a hand like KK72r which is far from being a raising hand.    When the action comes on the flop and you are asked to call that big bet then you can really only put him on 3 possible hands. KKxx   KTxx  or Kxxx. Against the first 2 you are drawing totally dead and against the third hand your opponent has (if no pair in hand) 10 outs twice against you which makes you only about 60/40 favourite. So as you can see the reality of it is that you are either virtually dead in the water or a marginal favourite.  So as to the hand itself.  Preflop: I hate your limp here because you are playing a marginal hand OOP( only 2 nut drawing hands) so i would favour a fold here. Once you have limped then you have to call the raise so that i dont think is too bad.  Flop: I believe after hitting that board so well you have to call the c-bet here but not raise at this point, so i am fine with that part. Once all the action then ensues after you then this hand should have been in the muck faster than a very fast thing.Because like i said you are at best only a marginal favourite and could easily be drawing totally dead.    There is a strange aspect within omaha that folding the nuts(especially if dead to any redraws) on the flop is very often the correct move. If folding the nuts can be correct then folding second nuts should be relatively easy.   Only my opinion FWIW but i hope it is of some use.
    Posted by Talon

You hit the nail in the head there Talon and i really shouldve folded. PRobably overestimated the value of the blockers ? But i do maintain that(esp on this table) he wouldve 3bet KK72 etc considering the frequency of 3bets with much iffyer hands. 
    I never really considered folding preflop tbh but needless to say a raise probably qould have been better and would have shaken off the hitchhikers ??. I play probably 70% of the hands im dealt and basically am a biteen of an action junkie but i think i might have to curb my love for seeing flops a little bit !
    And funnily enough, if i was to put both of them on a bare K( which i did) then i had about half the deck to avoid over two streets to avoid one of them hitting a bigger house so i wasnt really in any position to call at all. 

Good advice all round guys, cheers!