You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM Question..Cash bubble.

Right so heres the situation,

DYM cash bubble.

Hand History #456312273 (03:15 30/12/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancestedafishSmall blind150.00150.001500.00DEATHEADBig blind300.00450.006730.00 Your hole cardsQQ   wrongjohn1All-in835.001285.000.00sonnyjimmyCall835.002120.001650.00stedafishFoldDEATHEADCall535.002655.006195.00Flop  6K8   DEATHEADBet300.002955.005895.00sonnyjimmyFoldDEATHEADUnmatched bet300.002655.006195.00DEATHEADShow89wrongjohn1ShowJ8Turn  5   River  5   DEATHEADWinTwo Pairs, 8s and 5s1327.507522.50wrongjohn1WinTwo Pairs, 8s and 5s1327.501327.50My question is if i re-raised on flop all-in and leader called and out drew me would i of still cashed if the short-stack and i both got knocked out in same hand as i had his stack covered?

Comments

• edited December 2011

Regret the fold now but at the time i wasnt sure if id of cashed if my QQ didnt hold up against the BB if he turned over a K or AA or something.
    Hated the call by him, didnt make sense why he would call in that situation..bad observation maybe?
    Dont get involved if on bubble and an all-in has been called right?

• edited December 2011
    Basically DEATHEAH has murdered this hand in a DYM format, your call is fine pre and so is his but now it should be checked down and both of you knock him out, by betting he has made you fold the best hand and kept the shorty alive which is frankly TERRIBAD in a DYM, even if he has a set of kings on that flop he should check.

Bet wrongjohn was well happy with how it turned out lol
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Question..Cash bubble.:
    Basically DEATHEAH has murdered this hand in a DYM format, your call is fine pre and so is his but now it should be checked down and both of you knock him out, by betting he has made you fold the best hand and kept the shorty alive which is frankly TERRIBAD in a DYM, even if he has a set of kings on that flop he should check. Bet wrongjohn was well happy with how it turned out lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1
  • edited December 2011
    Am i the only one who shoves to isolate preflop ??
  • edited December 2011

shoving to isolate pre is obv bad

flat, hope big stack flats aswell and then doesnt do this on flop, im probz flatting flop mb as well
  • edited December 2011
    shoving to isolate pre is obv bad flat, hope big stack flats aswell and then doesnt do this on flop, im probz flatting flop mb as well
    Posted by SHANXTA
     How is isolating obviously bad ? Back that up please cos it seems like the most logical thing to do. Theres no need to be so afraid of the bubble people...
  • edited December 2011
    i would shove here to isolate what happenes if u just call and then some 1 after u goes all in then what u gonna fold queens ? so ya might aswell go all in to isolate 
  • edited December 2011

You shouldn't be shoving to isolate on a DYM bubble once a shortie is all-in, so you played it fine.

Unfo the biggie didn't follow the correct play post-flop (checking it down), ul.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Question..Cash bubble. :  How is isolating obviously bad ? Back that up please cos it seems like the most logical thing to do. Theres no need to be so afraid of the bubble people...
    Posted by Fluxfoxy32
    its not about bein afraid of the bubble

flat, hope others flat as well and the more players vs the all in shorty the greater chance they are eliminated
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Question..Cash bubble. : its not about bein afraid of the bubble flat, hope others flat as well and the more players vs the all in shorty the greater chance they are eliminated
    Posted by SHANXTA

My thoughts at this point is that  WJ is allin with any 2, because of the stack size. QQ is a made hand and big enough jam the pot. I don't want anyone else in, who can increase the size of the pot which can give the short stack more chips.

This may be where I'm going wrong!
  • edited December 2011
    You don't shove to isolate because NO regular dym player will shove behind you they'll flat, unless there genuinely tapped in the head or have AA KK and even then a call would just happen.

For this scenario death has absolutely killed the hand, i would be making a note on him personally and willl not take in account his misfortunes in other DYM's we may meet in.

And yes you would still of cashed as at the beginning of the hand you had more chips.
  • edited December 2011
    Basically DEATHEAH has murdered this hand in a DYM format, your call is fine pre and so is his but now it should be checked down and both of you knock him out, by betting he has made you fold the best hand and kept the shorty alive which is frankly TERRIBAD in a DYM, even if he has a set of kings on that flop he should check. Bet wrongjohn was well happy with how it turned out lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yeah i bet he was, but not after he got stacked 15 hands later (no offence to wrongjohn1 as ive played a few hands with him and he is alright)

That call and then min-bet  on flop by Deatheah still tilts me now thinking about it!

Thing is would of i still of cashed if i got stacked on this hand aswell as wrongjohn1 as i had more chips than him?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Question..Cash bubble. : Yeah i bet he was, but not after he got stacked 15 hands later (no offence to wrongjohn1 as ive played a few hands with him and he is alright) That call and then min-bet  on flop by Deatheah still tilts me now thinking about it! Thing is would of i still of cashed if i got stacked on this hand aswell as wrongjohn1 as i had more chips than him?
    Posted by sonnyjimmy
    wrongjohn is a dym legend.

if you pushed pre-flop, you would of cashed. so yes in this situation you would of won, however don't be results orientated.

Most dym players willl agree the call is correct here and to check down to the river is the correct move, just a shame death got noooby :)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Question..Cash bubble. : wrongjohn is a dym legend. if you pushed pre-flop, you would of cashed. so yes in this situation you would of won, however don't be results orientated. Most dym players willl agree the call is correct here and to check down to the river is the correct move, just a shame death got noooby :)
    Posted by benj12
    i wouldnt say he is a legend but he plays alot, he is in nearly every dym that i play!
    and dont be results orientated? whats that supposed to mean?  i play to win every match, dont you? 
  • edited December 2011
    IMO shove pre, almost criminal to put it in that much of your stack and then fold

At this level some of the players just can't be trusted to check it down either from the flop )
    Think QQ is way good enough to stand on it's own, maybe AQ then a flat is fine to then check it down from the flop

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Question..Cash bubble. : its not about bein afraid of the bubble flat, hope others flat as well and the more players vs the all in shorty the greater chance they are eliminated
    Posted by SHANXTA
    This is very true Shanxta but don't you find at this level £2-3, the majority just have no idea.
    How can we trust players like this when we hold a hand as strong as QQ
    Never trusting the bb to do anything like normal DYM strat, QQ - all in -
    If the bb is stupid enough to call my all in then it just shows how stupid they are )

I have even seen players getting walks at this level where they have two bigs, really annoying.

eg.

SB 5000
    BB 450

SB folds - seriously !

• edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Question..Cash bubble. : This is very true Shanxta but don't you find at this level £2-3, the majority just have no idea. How can we trust players like this when we hold a hand as strong as QQ Never trusting the bb to do anything like normal DYM strat, QQ - all in - If the bb is stupid enough to call my all in then it just shows how stupid they are ) I have even seen players getting walks at this level where they have two bigs, really annoying. eg. SB 5000 BB 450 SB folds - seriously !
    Posted by rancid
    Prob find this is a £5.5, i've not seen these guys any lower.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: DYM Question..Cash bubble. : Prob find this is a £5.5, i've not seen these guys any lower.
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    wrongjohn is the only solid reg, the bb is £3 level and not very good ~
    The other ain't that great either :)

if wrongjohn was in the bb then I would flat, but not this player on the bb

only sonny and wrong that you would worry about