You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20k B/H spot

edited December 2011 in The Poker Clinic

first time in my life ive ever played a bounty hunter (and probably the last) its early doors, im completly readless as ive just been moved to this table, the villian has already taken a bounty so his head value is higher (just short of £20 i think) buy in is £33 average stack 2.4k. im assuming that because he already has taken a bounty he must have had some sort of accident as he is now fairly short so possibilty he could be tilting. should i call in this spot to go for the bigger bounty? if i call & lose im still average stack, if i call & win im pretty much freerollin for the rest of the tourney as ive already took 1 bounty so got my initial buy in back.

if this is a standard MTT i fold, but the headprizes obv add a different dynamic, there is a high chance im completly crushed alot of his range will include bigger pocket pairs, i could just be flipping against AK/AQ/AJ/A10/KQ type hands & like i said there is a possibility hes tiltin so the 88's could be ahead. just curious what ppl would do in this type of spot in a B/H?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
EASYFIX Small blind  25.00 25.00 2655.00
NatsTits Big blind  50.00 75.00 3261.86
  Your hole cards

potattoooo Raise  150.00 225.00 3790.00
xxxxx All-in  1430.00 1655.00 0.00
lee36017 Fold     
heyyyy Fold     
EASYFIX Fold     
NatsTits Fold     
potattoooo???

Comments

• edited December 2011
    i would fold here like u say early stages and your probably flipping at BEST here
  • edited December 2011
    so if you know your flipping, do you not make the call?
  • edited December 2011
    its a bounty hunter, its the law you have to call with a pp :-)

• edited December 2011
    no y risk a gamble this early when i say flipping at best its gambling villain could have higher pair 
  • edited December 2011
    ifs buts and maybes! like tatty said if he has a head and is down to this stack i would say he has been all in at least twice, considering this is first level (i assume blinds at 25/50) he is the one gambling. take him out get head move on.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 20k B/H spot:
    no y risk a gamble this early when i say flipping at best its gambling villain could have higher pair 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    but is it not a risk worth taking for the possibilty of a double bounty? im potentially flipping for a free £20 add that too the bounty ive already got im then freerollin for the rest of the tourney, i lose im still average stack which is fine at this stage. surely there is a diff mentality in a B/H? like i said ive never played one before
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: 20k B/H spot : but is it not a risk worth taking for the possibilty of a double bounty? im potentially flipping for a free £20 add that too the bounty ive already got im then freerollin for the rest of the tourney, i lose im still average stack which is fine at this stage. surely there is a diff mentality in a B/H? like i said ive never played one before
    Posted by potattoooo
    This is why i'd call.

If your stack was smaller and calling would leave you short stacked i'd probably fold.

• edited December 2011
    true potattooo am i bad didnt realise it was a bounty hunter hmmmm maybe id call u got 4k in chips if ya lose still have a good stack of 2k  if it was a normal mtt i would fold but didnt realise it was a bounty hunter so i would call yeah :)
  • edited December 2011
    true potattooo am i bad didnt realise it was a bounty hunter hmmmm maybe id call u got 4k in chips if ya lose still have a good stack of 2k  if it was a normal mtt i would fold but didnt realise it was a bounty hunter so i would call yeah :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    read posts properly ftw ;-) listen im not sayin you are wrong! im unsure hence why i put the hand up, im just trying to give the side of an arguement for callin, for i know others might be looking at this laughing knowing its an insta fold. its a new type of format for me, ive only ever played standard MTTS on other sites
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
     Depends on your style some times ill take a gamble then sometimes ill wait which i think i would in this particular spot as you said youve got no information on this player maybe id just wait till im pretty sure ive got the best hand  pre flop i dont think either calls wrong like you said the bountys at stake you will still have enough chips to carry on
  • edited December 2011
    ifs buts and maybes! like tatty said if he has a head and is down to this stack i would say he has been all in at least twice, considering this is first level (i assume blinds at 25/50) he is the one gambling. take him out get head move on.
    Posted by pod1
    i should be so lucky!
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    I'd be inclined to fold, but dont hate calling at all