You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Need some Advice

_G__G_
edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Hi everyone
i am new to poker been playing for 4months, got no bankroll as to say, i am a recreational player and add to my account when needed, not much but keeps me playing over the weekend, started playing cash 2-4p but not to good win some lose some you now how it goes, i started playing 2-30 bounty hunters at the start of December and found it great value, play for couple of hours, started doing well, won one, 2 twice, final tabled 7 times, surprised myself but really enjoying my poker, i now i play some bad ways, but i now as soon as i do it, i need to start recognise my bad plays before i play them, easy said than done, but i am trying hard,
my question is what do you do when you a card dead, i try to see it out but it comes a time when you have to push all in with really bad cards.
Glen

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Hi G,

Glad ur enjoying the game and u seem to have turned around ur poker fortunes.

Firstly you shouldn't be blinding away, look at the table and find out who's blinds you can nick cheaply or players to float(bet flop and check/fold alot of turns). Although it is sometimes about the cards if you have an idea of players on your table there should be 1 or 2 you can use to your advantage(dont pick call stations obviously) 

If worse comes to worse its about finding the right spots eg. your low and sb vs bb shoving or with a marginal hand and someone who has 3 bet alot could be a perfect time to shove all in (all stack relative) 

dont really get impatient and start calling as that will be the worse thing to do as your wasting chips, always try to open the pot or be raising/ re-raising 

GL 
  • _G__G_
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Need some Advice:
    Hi G, Glad ur enjoying the game and u seem to have turned around ur poker fortunes. Firstly you shouldn't be blinding away, look at the table and find out who's blinds you can nick cheaply or players to float(bet flop and check/fold alot of turns). Although it is sometimes about the cards if you have an idea of players on your table there should be 1 or 2 you can use to your advantage(dont pick call stations obviously)  If worse comes to worse its about finding the right spots eg. your low and sb vs bb shoving or with a marginal hand and someone who has 3 bet alot could be a perfect time to shove all in (all stack relative)  dont really get impatient and start calling as that will be the worse thing to do as your wasting chips, always try to open the pot or be raising/ re-raising  GL 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Thanks for the advice, tried it (Or some of it ) worked well, got hit a couple of times, but in the hole work well, got to keep working at it i should be ok when i work out what to bet, and when, thanks again.

Glen
  • edited January 2012
    Your very welcome sir

Betsizes will come in time what to bet, or watch a good winning player and maybe make some notes as this could help.

Best of luck 

John