You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£22 BOUNTY HUNTER is this a call with stack sizes

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
AIRWAVESmall blind 75.0075.003180.00freddiek12Big blind 150.00225.003705.00 Your hole cardsA4   IDONKCALLURaise 375.00600.007718.75stingerbilAll-in 1535.002135.000.00mcfc_nickFold    MADPATDOTCFold    AIRWAVEFold    freddiek12Fold    IDONKCALLUCall 1160.003295.006558.75IDONKCALLUShowA4   stingerbilShow7K   Flop  563   Turn  10   River  2   IDONKCALLUWinStraight to the 63295.00 9853.7

Comments

• edited December 2011
    has to be close, depends on reads imo
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah with ure stack i think its fine
  • edited December 2011
    If it wasnt a bounty hunter might lay this down but close 
  • edited January 2012
    I probably just fold A4 UTG pre, a raise is fine too though and I think with stack sizes, you have to call because of the amount already invested, the bounty, and you may be ahead which is the case here. 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 BOUNTY HUNTER is this a call with stack sizes:
    I probably just fold A4 UTG pre, a raise is fine too though and I think with stack sizes, you have to call because of the amount already invested, the bounty, and you may be ahead which is the case here. 
    Posted by EvilPingu
    i think its bad. marginal @ best but as u won u post it. if ud lost would you be asking the same question????
  • edited January 2012
    Yep fold pre UTG for me. 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 BOUNTY HUNTER is this a call with stack sizes : i think its bad. marginal @ best but as u won u post it. if ud lost would you be asking the same question????
    Posted by seppe
    I just muck A4, but an UTG raise looks a lot stronger than A4, so whether it's bad play or not depends on what he intended to do with A4 later on had he been against an opponent who was sat deeper IMO.

Against the 3 bet shove, I think it's a call once you've raised, you're getting about 2:1, so probably just about getting the right price to call even if you're against a hand like pocket jacks, especially when you consider the bounty. and you're already beating hands like KQ, KJ, etc. In trouble if you're outkicked ofc, but with a big stack and the opponent's bounty at stake, I think you can call if you fancy a bit of a gamble in this spot.
  • edited January 2012
    Yep fold pre UTG for me. 
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    lol nice reply ;) read thread title , thats what he wants an opinion on , most fold pre utg with this hand , including myself but his question was in the thread title , and happy new year
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 BOUNTY HUNTER is this a call with stack sizes : lol nice reply ;) read thread title , thats what he wants an opinion on , most fold pre utg with this hand , including myself but his question was in the thread title , and happy new year
    Posted by debdobs_67
    It probably has to be a fold purely for the fact the short stack knows he should be getting called so to still shove he must be beating A4 most the time and therefore I'd foldd the A4 but never obvz never raise in the first place.
  • edited January 2012
    A4 don't play well UTG so agree fold pre

but

calling the shove would depend on head prize and dynamic
    versus any decent player it's a fold
  • edited January 2012
    A4 don't play well UTG so agree fold pre but calling the shove would depend on head prize and dynamic versus any decent player it's a fold
    Posted by rancid
    I agree , the head prize would be a useful piece of info and i hope idonkcallu can tell us.

In principle tho i think the call is pretty standard tbh as i play b/hunters all the time and most players call here with 40+ bb's still behind IF they lose.

These tournies are very aggro all of the time.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 BOUNTY HUNTER is this a call with stack sizes : I agree , the head prize would be a useful piece of info and i hope idonkcallu can tell us. In principle tho i think the call is pretty standard tbh as i play b/hunters all the time and most players call here with 40+ bb's still behind IF they lose. These tournies are very aggro all of the time.
    Posted by debdobs_67
    All about the heads ! If it don't damage your stack and the head is good - call
  • edited January 2012
    i called because of the head like i said if it wasnt a bounty hunter i fold here and when i raise i rasied so small in a way to get jammed in by a small stack i was always calling in a bounty hunter but in a normall mtt i would fold this preflop 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 BOUNTY HUNTER is this a call with stack sizes : It probably has to be a fold purely for the fact the short stack knows he should be getting called so to still shove he must be beating A4 most the time and therefore I'd foldd the A4 but never obvz never raise in the first place.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    How can you say never obvz never raise A4s utg in 6max? I think he prob should fold readless, but you can definitely sometimes raise this

As for shortstack knowing etc, what if he knows you know etc , I wouldnt start leveling myself too much. Its pretty hard folding Ax to an all in getting 2/1, I think with head prizes its prob a call, in another format it depends a lot on the player, it might be just about a fold

IDCU, are you saying you raised small utg to induce a shove from the next player? If so that is utter spew imo
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 BOUNTY HUNTER is this a call with stack sizes : How can you say never obvz never raise A4s utg in 6max? I think he prob should fold readless, but you can definitely sometimes raise this As for shortstack knowing etc, what if he knows you know etc , I wouldnt start leveling myself too much. Its pretty hard folding Ax to an all in getting 2/1, I think with head prizes its prob a call, in another format it depends a lot on the player, it might be just about a fold IDCU, are you saying you raised small utg to induce a shove from the next player? If so that is utter spew imo
    Posted by grantorino
    tbf dudeskin i think never plays b/h so obv has no idea whatsoever how to play them , which prob also means he shouldnt make a judgement on a thread such as this as well.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £22 BOUNTY HUNTER is this a call with stack sizes :  are you saying you raised small utg to induce a shove from the next player? If so that is utter spew imo
    Posted by grantorino
    Agreed - If that was the plan, then it's pretty awful play considering there's 4 other players to act behind. Most of the time, shorty folds, and you end up against another player, and it gets pretty awkward.
  • edited January 2012
    @ GT - Well of course in the right circumstance you can raise UTG W/A4 I just feel it would be better to raise in later position where you have more control position and also sat deeper.

@ Debs - No I don't play them mainly because I like going ftw and these games half the total prizepool which is bad for me longterm, I do however still think my point is valid and against most players who shove all in w/10bbs over an UTG raiser have to be pretty confident with their hand and I'd think it beats A rag a lot. Of course you also get nutcases and gamblers but even though it's a BH doesn't mean you take risks as well and I go back to first point just snap fold preflop UTG. 
  • edited January 2012
    @ GT - Well of course in the right circumstance you can raise UTG W/A4 I just feel it would be better to raise in later position where you have more control position and also sat deeper. @ Debs - No I don't play them mainly because I like going ftw and these games half the total prizepool which is bad for me longterm, I do however still think my point is valid and against most players who shove all in w/10bbs over an UTG raiser have to be pretty confident with their hand and I'd think it beats A rag a lot. Of course you also get nutcases and gamblers but even though it's a BH doesn't mean you take risks as well and I go back to first point just snap fold preflop UTG. 
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I totally agree with the utg easy fold , no probs there , but the call IS a call that nearly all players make in this format with the stack sizes
  • edited January 2012
    yeah i raised for a small stack to shove i wasnt raise folding if some 1 went all in less then 1.5 k if any other person on the table went all in i fold i looked at the odds getting 6/4 on my money plus the bounty and if i lost still had a ok stack to play with