You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BAD BEATS

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
WHY IS IT THAT PLAYERS WHO PLAY REALLY BAD GET LUCKY EVERY TIME AK ALL IN WITH 8,500 A BIG STACK CALLS WITH K5 AND HITS THE FLUSH ON THE RIVER I THICK SKY POKER SHOULD START A BAD BEAT COUNTER OF ALL PLAYERS WHO GETS BAD BEATS AND AT THE END OF THE WEEK THE PERSON WHO GET THE WORSE BAD BEAT SHOULD GET SOME THING LIKE FREE ENTRY TO SOME THING ...............I THINK SKY POKER IS THE BEST SITE IN ENGLAND AT THIS TIME AND I REALLY INJOY PLAYING ON HERE BUT ITS NOT THAT GREAT WHEN BAD PLAYERS ALLWAYS WIN ..... I WOULD LIKE TO NO WHAT ALL SKY POKER FANS THINK THANK YOU

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Take your licks like a man.

;-))
  • edited November 2009
    that  poker  m8   get  used  to  it   wee  all  get  them
  • edited November 2009
    Bad beats are great, thats why i play poker, i love losing to river 2 outters
  • edited November 2009
    its not just england for sky poker u know!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to BAD BEATS:
    WHY IS IT THAT PLAYERS WHO PLAY REALLY BAD GET LUCKY EVERY TIME AK ALL IN WITH 8,500 A BIG STACK CALLS WITH K5 AND HITS THE FLUSH ON THE RIVER I THICK SKY POKER SHOULD START A BAD BEAT COUNTER OF ALL PLAYERS WHO GETS BAD BEATS AND AT THE END OF THE WEEK THE PERSON WHO GET THE WORSE BAD BEAT SHOULD GET SOME THING LIKE FREE ENTRY TO SOME THING ...............I THINK SKY POKER IS THE BEST SITE IN ENGLAND AT THIS TIME AND I REALLY INJOY PLAYING ON HERE BUT ITS NOT THAT GREAT WHEN BAD PLAYERS ALLWAYS WIN ..... I WOULD LIKE TO NO WHAT ALL SKY POKER FANS THINK THANK YOU
    Posted by playertr24

,,,,,,,,,,,,,entry to area51 ?
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by playertr24
    How about free entry into a bad beat freeroll where sky can fix it so every hand will be a bad beat lol
  • edited November 2009
    this is getting old now .... yawn! get over it... it happened to me on the tv last night AK and got turned over by 2 4 ...... it happens, it's not just sky poker it happens everywhere. i was in the poker million freeroll tonight on another site had KK and got turned over, the guy had 7 8 i am all in and he goes all in and hits the straight. Thats poker :)

Area 51 approved :)
  • edited November 2009
    I love bad beats, strengthens one's character.
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by playertr24
    Better spelling and punctuation - and correct use of capital letters - would equal better luck on the poker tables ;)

Yes, I was back teaching today!
  • edited November 2009
    NO no no area 51 for me im not moaning about it i think its fun and it doesnt matter about  the spelling OR the punctuation OR the correct use of capital letters (i asked what people think about the bad beats of poker) i no it comes with the game so all you people who are saying area 51 you no what you can do...lol...and i no its not just england what has sky poker if you read what i said i said sky poker is the (best site IN england) and just to make one more point this was all to do with bad beats (NOT ME MOANING ABOUT IT)i just wanted to no what people think about it because i no it happenes to every one thanks again playertr24 signing out lollollollollollollollol
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: BAD BEATS:
    Posted by Grimstar30
    I think grimstar sums it all up perfectly, it's character building. I bet chris ferguson and phil ivey an co have had their fair share of bad beats and look at them! Top point made by grimstar! ;)
  • edited November 2009

HEY...I LIVE IN WALES!

anyway,a bad beat bonus of some kind would be cool but i get bad beats on this site just as much as any other.

• edited November 2009

man,  USE FULL STOPS!!!, my ace flush was beat by a strait flush once, my worst bad beat, terrable.

• edited November 2009
    playert24 states that skypoker is the best poker site in england, and not necessarily in the uk, and he is quite correct to do so.

He has obviously got wind of the new poker site haggis mcpoker.com which is only available north of the border and has been designed to ensure there are no bad beats, out draws etc, and therefore no area 51...

Ray
  • edited November 2009
    playert24 states that skypoker is the best poker site in england, and not necessarily in the uk, and he is quite correct to do so. He has obviously got wind of the new poker site haggis mcpoker.com which is only available north of the border and has been designed to ensure there are no bad beats, out draws etc, and therefore no area 51... Ray
    Posted by Buistyboy
    True but they DO have a Loch Ness Monster room
  • edited November 2009

hi playertr24, i think others have taken your post the wrongway. i think i am on your wavelength .i remember seeing on another site they had a bad beat rolling jackpot ,for who ever got the worse beat for that week or month .sorry i cant remember what site it was on  good luck and try to aviod those bad beats

• edited November 2009
    OK IN THE UK FOR ALL THOSE PEAPLE WHO WANT TO CHAT C RAP GO AND DO IT SOME WERE ELSE EVERY ONE NEW WHAT I MEANT WHEN I SAID ENGLAND (UK) AND ITS NOT ABOUT LOCH NESS AND IT NOT ABOUT HAGGIS YOUR MUM ITS ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT BAD BEATS PLAYERTR24 SIGNING OUT ONCE AGAIN LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
  • edited November 2009
    THANK YOU TO EPWB YES YOU ARE RIGHT I THINK IT WAS ON LADBROOKS POKER IF THATS RIGHT
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by Grimstar30
    sado-masichist innit
  • edited November 2009
    A few points here on a serious note,

Haggis poker is run from two mountains in Scotland where the left-handed haggis don't see much of the right-handed haggis for obvious reasons and therefore the site is a little confusing for non-scottish residents. They did try to hold a meeting once on the left-handed mountain but all the right-handed haggis kept falling over and it had to be abandoned. My advice is stay away.

For technical buffs the left-handed mountain also known as the clockwise mountain and the right-handed mountain as the anti-clockwise mountain.
  • edited November 2009
    Most sites have at sometime or other had a bad beat jackpot of one sort or another. The general rule was that you had to have quads (8's or higher) beaten. It rarely paid out. I think the biggest was on Party in it's heyday, before the US ban.
  • edited November 2009
    The thing about bad beats, a bad term in my opinion, is that everyone is going to get them. The shouts about bad beats come generally from all-in situations and the mathematics say that you will bump into a dominated hand winning about once in every 4 showdown hands. I walked into at least three of these 'bad beats' last night in the course of a tournament. But, I gave out about 6. The solution is to either avoid the all-in situation wherever possible or make sure you have your opponent covered with your stack. Failing that prayer helps.
  • edited November 2009
    The thing about bad beats, a bad term in my opinion, is that everyone is going to get them. The shouts about bad beats come generally from all-in situations and the mathematics say that you will bump into a dominated hand winning about once in every 4 showdown hands. I walked into at least three of these 'bad beats' last night in the course of a tournament. But, I gave out about 6. The solution is to either avoid the all-in situation wherever possible or make sure you have your opponent covered with your stack. Failing that prayer helps.
    Posted by elsadog

father vaigret is the man to see then elsa :) i think he is our resident man of the cloth is he not ;) great post and spot on IMHO 

• edited November 2009
    Posted by elsadog
    Hi elsa

Amen to that :)
  • edited November 2009
    if you keep gettin badbeats . wat you are sayin realy is you are gettin yer chips in ahead.so you must be doin something right....think of it that way..i think the art is gettin over the bad beats...its very easy to start playin wild or even wat i call  scared poker.basically keep doin wat yer doin and get over the bad beats...OR....you WILL end up at area 51.....and its very hard to get out of there...lololol     ask neiloooooo........wat u say neil??   lol
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by playertr24
    next time trap
  • edited November 2009
    You people! I bet Max Mosley never complains about bad beats!
  • edited November 2009
    John Paul and George didn't either,,,,,,Ringo was the second best drummer in the beatles.