You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hyper HU SnG - J10 facing MR pre

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Not really specific to this hand but is calling OOP in these games at any blind level ok?

shaney23Small blind 15.0015.00340.00
Dudeskin8Big blind 30.0045.00615.00
 Your hole cards
  • J

shaney23Raise 45.0090.00295.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Hyper HU SnG - J10 facing MR pre:
    Not really specific to this hand but is calling OOP in these games at any blind level ok? shaney23 Small blind   15.00 15.00 340.00 Dudeskin8 Big blind   30.00 45.00 615.00   Your hole cards 10 J       shaney23 Raise   45.00 90.00 295.00 Dudeskin8
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Personally, a call is fine, but since you've got position on the player, I'd have probably gone for a 2.5raise and if they call see what the flop brings.  if you miss and he fires out, you've not lost much, and if you miss and he checks, maybe coz of the 3bet preflop  he might back down with a middle to weak ace, providing of course that there are no obvious danger cards on the flop, say a Queen, King or an Ace.  That said, its just a bit of a suggestion since there isn't any detail as to his pre-flop aggression, post flop aggression, post flop floating or passiveness.  If he's likely to call post flop having missed, then the re-raise probably isn't the best option, instead call just to see the flop and hope you hit, but if he's a tight hu player (which is unusual if you're playing the micro limits) you might find he'll fold two over-cards to your continuation bet post flop if you've 3bet him preflop, then again, if he's loose, he might see you as on one, and just decide to float you anyway.  again, all this is subjective and second guessing without information.

I'm not sure if this has been helpful having read it back it seems a bit vague, but... I hope this helps.
  • edited January 2012
    i'd prob call here if I was tilting, so that means it's bad.

Prefer a shove over a flat, or more likely a fold as you have the upper hand in the game. Then put tonnes of pressure on from the button.
  • edited January 2012
    10BB (? cant see stacks properly) deep its a pretty easy fold readless imo
  • edited January 2012
    dude stop playin hu turbos or hypers ya aint got a clue ave ya ;)