You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hyper HU SnG - K10 on btn facing Min3bet at 10/20

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Only played a few so far but these sort of spots I'm unsure if calling is spewy and best to just fold despite getting great price and position. 

This was obvz early and new player so readless. 

Dudeskin8Small blind 10.0010.00360.00
craig47Big blind 20.0030.00610.00
 Your hole cards
  • K

Dudeskin8Raise 30.0060.00330.00
craig47Raise 60.00120.00550.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited January 2012
    K 10 hu is a gd hand , call and evaluate
  • edited January 2012
    Annoying. Prob call. 

Wouldn't mind an open shove too against some people.  
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Hyper HU SnG - K10 on btn facing Min3bet at 10/20:
    Annoying. Prob call.  Wouldn't mind an open shove too against some people.  
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I prob call

Why shove? Surely shoving just gets us into high variance. If its profitable will it not almost always be more profitable to keep pots smallish pre and play postflop poker with marginal hands?
  • edited January 2012

I sometimes open ship the K10 too, its a "game flow" ship where you are reminding your agro opponant that you are there too! It does work against the right person imo, and some of them will snap you off with worse than k10!

You dont hae enough chips in a hyper to play much (or any) "poker" this is what dohhhhhhh keeps tellin me, and i am finally starting to get the hang of them.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Hyper HU SnG - K10 on btn facing Min3bet at 10/20:
    I sometimes open ship the K10 too, its a "game flow" ship where you are reminding your agro opponant that you are there too! It does work against the right person imo, and some of them will snap you off with worse than k10! You dont hae enough chips in a hyper to play much (or any) "poker" this is what dohhhhhhh keeps tellin me, and i am finally starting to get the hang of them.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I know we havent enough chips to play too much pokah, and theres going to be lots of just shove/fold. I dont play these so may be wrong on all what I say below

Dude is readless after like 3hands, we want him to openship KT 18BB deep? What gameflow is there to make this good? We are rarely good against calling range, its not really worth the risk for 30 chips imo. Its going to be rarely that good imo at this stack depth, would have to be a pretty specific dynamic. Also anyone thats snapping off with worse after 3 hands can prob be played much more profitably on the btn by playing some postflop poker, even this shallow
  • edited January 2012
    Its just summat I do against some players, you'd be amazed how many worse hands call us.

Nash says it's ok....(he's happy to jam 20xbb w/65s tho!)

I just min it most of the time though.

Stacks: 18.0 BB

PlayerRange
    SB Push42.3%: 22+,Ax+,K2s+,K8o+,Q5s+,Q9o+,J7s+,J9o+,T6s+,T9o,96s+,98o,85s+,75s+,65s,54s,
    J6s(88.1%)
    BB Call23.8%: 33+,A2s+,A4o+,K9s+,KTo+,QTs+,QJo,JTs(79.7%)
  • edited January 2012
    have u ever actually followed those Nash ranges religously over a decent sample, or do you use them much at all?

I saw them before and remember thinking they look insanely wide, obv they are correct from game theory point of view, would be interested in seeing how they fare in reality against players who dont (indeed cant afaik) play perfectly
  • edited January 2012
    Nah never use it really, just saying it can't be that bad a shove...

I use them more when I'm playing <9/10 bigs & especially @ 2/3/4xbb, I get rly confused @ that point sumtimes.

Bak to OP, some ppl will snap any king, suited queens etc, then you get some that call far too nitty n will fold alot of aces n small pairs. 
  • edited January 2012
    This is only a £5 game, first of the day, but the guy has a very reasonable record in sngs on sharkscope.

He's played really well so far in the game, and I was just thinking that whatever the result, I'm not gonna bother re-matching him.....

Then he makes this call.

Seriously, this is what I mean about alot of players having no idea how to play with 10xbb HU.....

And why I sometimes ship the KTo in the hand in the O.P.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  20.00 20.00 575.00
    xxx Big blind  40.00 60.00 365.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

DOHHHHHHH All-in  575.00 635.00 0.00
    xxxAll-in  365.00 1000.00 0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Unmatched bet  190.00 810.00 190.00
    DOHHHHHHH Show
    • J

xxx Show

Flop

• K
    • Q
    • Q

Turn

River

DOHHHHHHH Win Pair of Queens 810.00  1000.00
  • edited January 2012
    K10 in ur spot i just call as we have the button. Dont like shoving but then again JJ plays these alot and does well so cant really argue :) 

When they min re-raise you oop i doubt they ever have a strong hand or they are idiots. With quite a strong hand hu and still in the early stages call but have a plan or an idea of their range if you can