You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AT flop two pair out of possition. Scary board

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Reads on opponent are minimal. Nothing to give away what a min raise UTG means. Could be a strong hand thinking that he doesn't want to scare anyone away TT+ AJ+ or could be just some random rubbish.

Think pre is right because AT (although easily dominated) is easy for me to lay down, even when I flop an ace. Folding is too tight and raising is turning my (potentially dominated) hand into a bluff.

Flop I should be raising more I think but how much? I've given him about 2.5:1 to call. If he has a straight draw is there any bet I could make that would prevent him from calling given that I think this is a weak player?

Thinking about it now it's unlikely that the 9 has helped him so my turn bet is a solid value bet that should be setting up for a shove on the river. I guess I bottled it thinking that AJ KQ and JJ have all got there now but that he can only really call a river shove with AK and AQ where I win, while 9x, AJ, JJ, KQ, AJ all snap call. I thought that if I check I might get bluffed at by a few hands that otherwise wouldn't call. I'm losing too much value here arn't I? By the way I'm never folding if he bets the river here. I just wonder if check/call is better than betting here
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bentley12 Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £6.70
jugglegeek Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £7.92
  Your hole cards
  • A

X Raise   £0.16 £0.28 £5.92
sparkycm21 Fold        
sascha2026 Fold        
poker0007 Fold        
bentley12 Fold        
jugglegeek Call   £0.08 £0.36 £7.84
Flop