You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM - call or fold

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Don't know the other stacks or the players ranges or mind set, so hard to give a positive answer,

As it's the bubble though - personally - 6 blinds left in my stack, SB & then button next hands, I Fold...

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Just had a nice little run of 9 cashes in a row, then today lost 2 in a row.  Funny how 2 games can change your mind set.

Anyway find myself in this spot. Any thoughts on what i should be doing here would be great.

Cheers

Paul

Typhoon- Big blind   600.00 600.00 3705.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q

Naughty398 Fold        2430
    uncle0nion All-in   2635.00 3235.00 0.00
    SOAMSEE Fold        1640
    -Typhoon- ?      
  • edited January 2012
    Snap call unless someone behind has like 1bb, ur way to shallow here even if it looks like your above average stack

cant fold with 6bb behind with Queens unless exceptional ocacsion like above
  • edited January 2012
    If you don't give ALL stack sizes this is impossible to answer.
  • edited January 2012
    Because both players folded, their stacks dont show. Looking at the HH's either side so the aprox amounts have been put it now.

Cheers guys
  • edited January 2012
    Yeah I call here, shortest stack is still almost 3bbs deep so not dead by any means. 
  • edited January 2012
    I fold.  Cut off shove, no SB therefore no great value in shoving light.  Very close but with the stack sizes I fold and take my chances.
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    Really disagre it's a snap call.  Yes we are ahead most of the time but do we really want to get involved in a coup we lose probably 30% of the time when we are this chipped up?

I think it's a lot closer.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM - call or fold:
    Really disagre it's a snap call.  Yes we are ahead most of the time but do we really want to get involved in a coup we lose probably 30% of the time when we are this chipped up? I think it's a lot closer.
    Posted by TommyD
    In game it's a snap for me but if oppo is shoving with />8% of shoving range than it's a call
    It is very close though :s
  • edited January 2012
    It's a double your money. There no over option than your calling.

your losing pre flop to 2 hands? if you fold QQ then when are you looking to get money in? are you just happy to fold, let the blinds goes through you then your short.

You just literally have to bite the bullet, 4 handed, opponents will open shove with 77-JJ
  • edited January 2012
    It's all about the short stack for me, he isn't micro stacked and one double up puts him almost level with us. JJ I fold easy same AK but not QQ only 3 hands I don't want to see and if he has AJ/AQ I'll take 70% thank you. 

Plus even if we lose we still have 1670, 100% call. 
  • edited January 2012
    Lots of good opinions but I am for a fold as small stack has 2 rounds only. No point in messing with the only one who can hurt u badly.
  • edited January 2012
    My head says fold from all that ive read in posts over time BUT i aint sure i can tbh
  • edited January 2012
    It's a double your money. There no over option than your calling. your losing pre flop to 2 hands? if you fold QQ then when are you looking to get money in? are you just happy to fold, let the blinds goes through you then your short. You just literally have to bite the bullet, 4 handed, opponents will open shove with 77-JJ
    Posted by benj12
    Its a dym so i dont understand ure point here of 'when are you looking to get money in'

You can go entire games without needin to as long as others do the work for you
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to DYM - call or fold:
    Just had a nice little run of 9 cashes in a row, then today lost 2 in a row.  Funny how 2 games can change your mind set. Anyway find myself in this spot. Any thoughts on what i should be doing here would be great. Cheers Paul Typhoon- Big blind   600.00 600.00 3705.00   Your hole cards Q Q       Naughty398 Fold         2430 uncle0nion All-in   2635.00 3235.00 0.00 SOAMSEE Fold         1640 -Typhoon- ?      
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    snap call u got guys covered as well
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: DYM - call or fold : Its a dym so i dont understand ure point here of 'when are you looking to get money in' You can go entire games without needin to as long as others do the work for you
    Posted by debdobs_67
    but then you putting trust in other people's cards to hold or hit, when your sat there with a monster hand yourself.

The blinds are high which means no-one is safe, all it takes is for a shorty to push and you will then either have to call with a less dominant hand than QQ, or fold and let the 900 blinds go through you and then your sat there level pegging with the rest of the table.

There are times when other people will do the work, but most of the time there equally just waiting for a big hand like yourself, and you have it in QQ.
  • edited January 2012
    I think it's a snap call. You're probably a 70/30 favourite most of the time here against Ax, KJ/KT, or 80/20 vs. an underpair. You will occasionally be against AA/KK/AK, and if that's the case, then c'est la vie. Even AK isn't a disaster.

The times when your hand doesn't hold up,  you've got 1,670 chips and pay 300 on the SB next hand, shove ATC, it's not a snap call for the BB IMO as if he loses he'll be down to 750 and having to shove into the big stack, who'd then have ~6,300 chips. Also if the BB calls he doesn't necessarily win the hand.

Therefore, calling here means you will still go out around 15-20% of the time IMO, however, if you offered me 80% wins in DYM's, I'd bite your arm off.
  • edited January 2012
    assign the shover a range and go from there

if shovers range is 88+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,AJo+

then you call, it's slightly +EV

if it's tighter 99+,AQs+,AKo

then fold

---

in game, not having the maths up your sleeve then you just think if no AA/KK then all is good

it really is a close one, if with 88+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,AJo+ range your only calling with QQ/KK/AA

--

I may have this wrong but I think it's all good, if someone knows better then please post