You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hyper HU SnG - K6s facing limp in BB at 10/20

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Again not specific to this hand but in general is it better to just check here with mid-strength hands like A3o/Q10/J10 etc as you're OOP for rest of hand which sucks or raise and cbet 100% ?

1379Small blind 10.0010.00530.00
Dudeskin8Big blind 20.0030.00440.00
 Your hole cards
  • K

1379Call 10.0040.00520.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    Problem with this example is that I'd consider K6s is quite a bit stronger than QTo/JTo etc. I'd sometimes check, and sometimes raise vs passive villains
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Hyper HU SnG - K6s facing limp in BB at 10/20:
    Problem with this example is that I'd consider K6s is quite a bit stronger than QTo/JTo etc. I'd sometimes check, and sometimes raise vs passive villains
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Not sure I agree with that. with QT and JT you will often hit top or second pair with both cards. While K6 is mathmatically ahead of QT pre-flop how happy are you going to be on a A96 flop. Most times you are looking to make a pair of kings, the six is not a good card.

I think a check is fine most times but nothing wrong with raising 3x about 15% of the time. Depends on what you think the opponent is limping with. If they are limping with rubbish and raising with good hands then raise because they might fold to a raise. If you suspect that they are limping with a monster to induce a raise then check and flop a flush for the win!
  • edited January 2012
    My point with K6 is that, although you can flop more top pairs with JT/QT, because the nature of HUSnG tends towards a lot of showdowns K high is a strong hand and can be the best hand at showdown a decent % of the time. 

Also, making pairs is not important if villain limp folds/limp-calls-folds-flop-with-high-frequency. What the aim of raising would be is to punish this particular villain with a hand that can win even at showdown without pairing up. 

Where did you pull 15% from JuggleGeek? My opinion is that picking an arbitary number isn't of any use, this situation is villain specific, where I would raise it from 0% to 100% of the time depending on said villain.

In general, against a new player with no reads, checking is probably best, but be prepared to change your speed based on how passively villain is playing.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Hyper HU SnG - K6s facing limp in BB at 10/20:
    100% check.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Same here.
  • edited January 2012
  • edited January 2012
    mostly check, sometimes raise.
  • edited January 2012
    depends if it's sunny or cloudy :S