You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Surely the most

edited January 2012 in Area 51
ridiculous, ****ed up, hand of the day.
Phantom66 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.05
nezbeau Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.63
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

Ham40 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.03
FabioFives Call  £0.04 £0.14 £0.48
raytei01 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £3.13
Seagull158 Raise  £0.16 £0.34 £9.09
Phantom66 Fold     
nezbeau Fold     
Ham40 Call  £0.12 £0.46 £1.91
FabioFives All-in  £0.48 £0.94 £0.00
raytei01 Fold     
Seagull158 Call  £0.36 £1.30 £8.73
Ham40 Call  £0.36 £1.66 £1.55
Flop

• A

Ham40 Bet  £0.08 £1.74 £1.47
Seagull158 All-in  £8.73 £10.47 £0.00
Ham40 All-in  £1.47 £11.94 £0.00
Seagull158 Unmatched bet  £7.18 £4.76 £7.18
Ham40 Show

FabioFives Show
  • Q
  • J

Seagull158 Show
  • A
  • J

Turn

River

Ham40 Win Two Pairs, 5s and 2s £4.40  £4.40

Comments

• edited January 2012
    but this one must ru nit close. What a ****.
    richgtrich Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.79
    maggsy78 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £0.96
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

Magpie127 Fold     
    Seagull158 Raise  £0.16 £0.22 £6.31
    kidwelly Fold     
    richgtrich Fold     
    maggsy78 All-in  £0.96 £1.18 £0.00
    Seagull158 Call  £0.84 £2.02 £5.47
    maggsy78 Show
    • K

Seagull158 Show
    • A
    • K

Flop

• K

Turn

River

maggsy78 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 2s £1.86  £1.86
  • edited January 2012

first one was ouch  (97.47 % fav)second one was ul(72.02%)

• edited January 2012
    Hi Seagull,
                   Sometimes you can play a hand perfect and still lose,which is the case in hand two. Other times you have to look how your decisions on how to play affected the outcome of the hand. In the first hand, your decision to flat fabiofives all in shove, gave ham40 odds of nearly 4/1 to call as well. A very tasty price given he'd already called one raise, so he's hardly ever folding. He then gets his flush draw and is never folding. What should have happened is,imo, is an insta jam by you(having taken his stack size into account) and then he has a lot tougher decision. If he still calls then so be it, you can do no more.
     As played you want him to call and be a 97% favourite, just got unlucky. I regularly go back over big hands/exit hands to see if my decisions in the hands could've been better. I learn a lot about my leaks(which there are many) and try to plug them. hope this helps you in your game,
    regards,
    Mohican.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Surely the most:
    Hi Seagull,                Sometimes you can play a hand perfect and still lose,which is the case in hand two. Other times you have to look how your decisions on how to play affected the outcome of the hand. In the first hand, your decision to flat fabiofives all in shove, gave ham40 odds of nearly 4/1 to call as well. A very tasty price given he'd already called one raise, so he's hardly ever folding. He then gets his flush draw and is never folding. What should have happened is,imo, is an insta jam by you(having taken his stack size into account) and then he has a lot tougher decision. If he still calls then so be it, you can do no more.  As played you want him to call and be a 97% favourite, just got unlucky. I regularly go back over big hands/exit hands to see if my decisions in the hands could've been better. I learn a lot about my leaks(which there are many) and try to plug them. hope this helps you in your game, regards, Mohican.
    Posted by Mohican
    Great post!
  • edited January 2012
    Can you only raise 4x pre in cash lol ?
  • edited January 2012
    Hi Seagull,                Sometimes you can play a hand perfect and still lose,which is the case in hand two. Other times you have to look how your decisions on how to play affected the outcome of the hand. In the first hand, your decision to flat fabiofives all in shove, gave ham40 odds of nearly 4/1 to call as well. A very tasty price given he'd already called one raise, so he's hardly ever folding. He then gets his flush draw and is never folding. What should have happened is,imo, is an insta jam by you(having taken his stack size into account) and then he has a lot tougher decision. If he still calls then so be it, you can do no more.  As played you want him to call and be a 97% favourite, just got unlucky. I regularly go back over big hands/exit hands to see if my decisions in the hands could've been better. I learn a lot about my leaks(which there are many) and try to plug them. hope this helps you in your game, regards, Mohican.
    Posted by Mohican
    So what we jam pre to make 52s fold?

Hand 1 is as bad a beat as Ive seen
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Surely the most : So what we jam pre to make 52s fold? Hand 1 is as bad a beat as Ive seen
    Posted by grantorino
    Raising to isolate.
    It's a pretty grim beat but the fella had no tough decisions.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Surely the most : Raising to isolate. It's a pretty grim beat but the fella had no tough decisions.
    Posted by Mohican
    We want him to make the wrong decisions, not tough ones. If we raise we really want him to call with 52. Im not sure why we want to isolate the 12BB guy when we usually crush villains range