You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

OK, have'nt hit but can i go for this?

Readless, in a vacuum, do you go for it on the river? What % of the time do you go for it? What stack sizes does villain have to have in order for you to go for it?

Sorry for what is probably a really simple hand, but i have been playing solid ABC stuff at NL4 for quite a while and now have moved forward to NL8 and NL10 so i figure (maybe not so much at NL8) i can maybe adding a few things to my game. Thankyou guys.

Also, preflop, should i be 3-betting as it is blind on blind. (No reads, not been here long).

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xSmall blind  £0.04 £0.04 £4.72
DrSharp Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.68
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

Thirteen13 Fold     
slow1 Fold     
xRaise  £0.28 £0.40 £4.44
DrSharp Call  £0.24 £0.64 £7.44
Flop

• J

xBet  £0.24 £0.88 £4.20
DrSharp Call  £0.24 £1.12 £7.20
Turn

xBet  £0.24 £1.36 £3.96
DrSharp Call  £0.24 £1.60 £6.96
River

xCheck     
DrSharp ???

Comments

• edited January 2012
    I think ya need to know how passive oopo is , sum players will fold here if ya bet 3/4 pot or so whereas others will call ya anyway , btw oppo may already have the hand ure reppin as ive seen this plenty as well
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: OK, have'nt hit but can i go for this?:
    I think ya need to know how passive oopo is , sum players will fold here if ya bet 3/4 pot or so whereas others will call ya anyway , btw oppo may already have the hand ure reppin as ive seen this plenty as well
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Thanks for replying debs. I know reads are important, and there is a risk that they have the hand i am repping (although the check on the end in this particular hand makes it unlikely) which you have to accept when bluffing but how often do you think, on average, we can get this through. If you do steal, do you set him in, or make it look like a value bet?
  • edited January 2012
    If i go for it its 3/4 pot but as i said its risky , cant really say as a % in this spot cos you defo need info on oppos , otherwise its obv a pure gamble
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks again.

So readless, we are usually just better checking this down?
  • edited January 2012
    Go on bluff, perfect card
  • edited January 2012
    tbh i may well be inclined to see if i can get it through if only on the strength of the check on the end and the fact that they hace made the exact same bet size on the flop and the turn , but hey ho ya never know
  • edited January 2012
    Preflop fine, good hand IP.

On flop is where you need to be raising imo, 2 overs + OESD is pretty massive so I would raise here and snap a shove.

As played the fact he's bet the same on turn as flop shows he's weak to me and the check on the river just confirms it. 

Not sure if I would bluff as players love to call at micro's and you also have to realise that the level you're thinking on in 'the flush has hit so I can bluff it' will probably be above his level of 'I have a pair I have good hand'. I reckon if you check he has you beat either with Ace high or some pair that's praying for a check but be careful as people are very stubborn down here.