You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anything diffrent

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
after some help here guys, sort stacked in a 5/10p cash game and decided to push with my 4's.
well you can see the rest
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jambo88 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £8.22
Slebog Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £39.14
1281 Big blind  £0.10 £0.25 £3.90
bludreid11 Sit out     
  Your hole cards

ROBBIE67 Raise  £0.20 £0.45 £18.44
1281 Call  £0.10 £0.55 £3.80
goose111 Fold     
jambo88 Raise  £0.55 £1.10 £7.67
Slebog Fold     
ROBBIE67 Raise  £0.80 £1.90 £17.64
1281 Call  £0.80 £2.70 £3.00
jambo88 Call  £0.40 £3.10 £7.27
Flop

jambo88 Check     
ROBBIE67 Bet  £2.50 £5.60 £15.14
1281 All-in  £2.95 £8.55 £0.05
jambo88 Fold     
ROBBIE67 Call  £0.45 £9.00 £14.69
ROBBIE67 Show
  • Q
  • A

1281 Show

Turn

• A

River

• K

ROBBIE67 Win Two Pairs, Aces and 3s £8.37  £23.06

Comments

• edited January 2012
    pres a bit spazzy
  • edited January 2012
    seems standard to me he guy hit nut flush draw on the flop and hit whats wrong with this 
  • edited January 2012
    On the flop you have no fold equity, plus this is a 3 bet pot so you actually have got lucky to be up against only a FD - everything else that bets flop your behind to expect maybe AK

fold or shove pre, calling is just bad

• edited January 2012
    You can NOT set mine 39bbs deep, it's just spew.

Flop is actually good for you lol but after 3bet pre OOP he can easily have bigger pair that crushes you.

One thing I do like is that you check to let him try and bluff but doesn't make preflop play right. 

If you can't play 100bbs deep drop a level, in this hand you have enough for NL4 so why not play that ?
  • edited January 2012
    You have to get into the habit of topping back up to a full buy-in 1281.

If you have 4 quid and get a premium hand, the most you can win off a single player is another 4 quid (less rake) whereas with a full buy in you can win a tenner.

You are also as Dudeskin said not having a big enough stack to give you good implied odds for if you hit a set which comes about 1 time in 8. You should be getting paid minimum 8 times what you are calling risking to make the call (this assuming he has a hand that will pay you off). In this hand you were getting this fair price when you limped, but when you paid 80p/4 quid before the flop following the reraise, you weren't getting the right implied odds and you probably should have folded to the reraise.

Ideally you should probably follow a structure bankroll wise of buying in for the full amount and playing at a level where you can buy in for the full amount 20-25 times. It really depends on how loose/tight a player you are where you can do as low as 20 if you are a tight player, but maybe as much as 30 if you play a wider selection of hands
  • edited January 2012
    If you're going to play shorstacked then get it in pre.

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Anything diffrent:
    You have to get into the habit of topping back up to a full buy-in 1281. If you have 4 quid and get a premium hand, the most you can win off a single player is another 4 quid (less rake) whereas with a full buy in you can win a tenner. You are also as Dudeskin said not having a big enough stack to give you good implied odds for if you hit a set which comes about 1 time in 8. You should be getting paid minimum 8 times what you are calling risking to make the call (this assuming he has a hand that will pay you off). In this hand you were getting this fair price when you limped, but when you paid 80p/4 quid before the flop following the reraise, you weren't getting the right implied odds and you probably should have folded to the reraise. Ideally you should probably follow a structure bankroll wise of buying in for the full amount and playing at a level where you can buy in for the full amount 20-25 times. It really depends on how loose/tight a player you are where you can do as low as 20 if you are a tight player, but maybe as much as 30 if you play a wider selection of hands
    Posted by ballboy
    thanks for this ballboy,

i normally dont like to top up (not quite sure how this is viewed overall) but this is just force of habit for me.

i started with £10 in the pot and hit a few bad hands which took me down to the £4, and was quite tired and drunk (yes i know criminal behaviour)

i was only going to give it another few hands and walk away until i hit the 4's.

guess running commentry would have told me to walk away well before this car crash, because looking back 2 over cards and flush draw only one outcome was going to happen

just got me stressed about it last night
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Anything diffrent:
    In Response to Re: Anything diffrent : thanks for this ballboy, i normally dont like to top up (not quite sure how this is viewed overall) but this is just force of habit for me. i started with £10 in the pot and hit a few bad hands which took me down to the £4, and was quite tired and drunk (yes i know criminal behaviour) i was only going to give it another few hands and walk away until i hit the 4's. guess running commentry would have told me to walk away well before this car crash, because looking back 2 over cards and flush draw only one outcome was going to happen just got me stressed about it last night
    Posted by 1281
    buy in for the full amount & top up to the full amount if you lose some of your dosh. you always want to be getting the maximum for your good hands, ie you have AA villian has KK all money goes in pre, if you have only £4 your only makin £4, if you are topped up your gettin the full £10

as for the hand, your call to the initial raise is fine, however soon as the the guy 3bets OOP and the the initial raiser 4bets (even if it is the worse 4bet size ive ever seen) and you look at your cards & see a pair of 44's with the guy who 3bet still to act again behind.....well you can work that out surely! your never ever gonna be good lol your so short you cant set mine, i would never suggest shovin in this spot, so you have to fold.

also dont play tired or drunk (im a sucker for the latter, but its not advisable). hope this helps