You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The First Lady Of Blog

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

Just a quickie to let you know the first blog has been published.

Don't be too harsh on the comments!!

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Just a quick apology guys,

When I cut and pasted my blog, it placed the entire blog into one long paragraph.

I have spent the last 15 minutes trying to correct it and make it more readable, However the font is a little larger than I prefer but it won't let me reduce it further.

If Sky Rich could go into my blog and make the font a little smaller, I would appreciate it.
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    I almost went bog eyed trying to read that hale lol

Only joking good Blod
  • edited November 2009
    Just off now to read hales!! and it goes without saying we're gonna be nice!!! ;)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The First Lady Of Blog:
    Amateur :)
    Posted by diablo_pez

LOL

It's very good btw.
  • edited November 2009
    I know i've read it....i just can't think of a witty comment to put at this stage....
  • edited November 2009
    Very good.

Print was a bit small.

• edited November 2009
    that is one long blog
  • edited November 2009
    that is one long blog
    Posted by offshoot
    I'll have to apologise in advance then, the last one was about 2900 words.

The next one, (already finished and waiting about a week before I post it) is over 3500 words.
  • edited November 2009
    Brilliant blog Hayley.
    The Eastenders bit had me laughing out loud. something like 'tied plank' come to mind.
  • edited November 2009
    A great read, hope the next one is as good. Where are oynutter and davyzz bloggs os do you all have a week and you are quick off the mark lol
  • edited November 2009
    A great read, hope the next one is as good. Where are oynutter and davyzz bloggs os do you all have a week and you are quick off the mark lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    From what I understand, we all have about a month (maybe 6 weeks) to post our blogs.

Unfortunately, I have actually finished 3 of them already, (1, 2 and 4) and am currently working my way thorugh number 3.

The biggest problem I have found with writing them is that once a subject gets into my head, It keeps bouncing around until I get it down. The end result is that I cant sleep.

Also, I have found that until I get them down on MS word, I am scared of forgetting stuff. This keeps me awake more.

I draft them out and over a week or so, I make various changes, take out jokes that aren't that great, add new stuff I think of and generally tinker with it till I am happy.

I have actually changed that particular blog too many times to remember and it bears no real resemblance to it's original form.

I am still tinkering with number 4, but number 2 is ready to go to print.

I do need to wait about 10 days before posting it as I have 4 really good idea's at the minute, unless I get a flash of inspiration, I will need to spread them out a little.

Personally, I think number 2 is a lot funnier than number 1, but I will let you lot decide that.
  • edited November 2009
    The sad thing is.......

Number 2 is actually about 95% true.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The First Lady Of Blog : From what I understand, we all have about a month (maybe 6 weeks) to post our blogs. Unfortunately, I have actually finished 3 of them already, (1, 2 and 4) and am currently working my way thorugh number 3. The biggest problem I have found with writing them is that once a subject gets into my head, It keeps bouncing around until I get it down. The end result is that I cant sleep. Also, I have found that until I get them down on MS word, I am scared of forgetting stuff. This keeps me awake more. I draft them out and over a week or so, I make various changes, take out jokes that aren't that great, add new stuff I think of and generally tinker with it till I am happy. I have actually changed that particular blog too many times to remember and it bears no real resemblance to it's original form. I am still tinkering with number 4, but number 2 is ready to go to print. I do need to wait about 10 days before posting it as I have 4 really good idea's at the minute, unless I get a flash of inspiration, I will need to spread them out a little. Personally, I think number 2 is a lot funnier than number 1, but I will let you lot decide that.
    Posted by Hale72
    Thats the problem with you women, like my wife keeps pestering me about painting the bedroom
  • edited November 2009
    Touchy subject.

My old man started decorating 18 months ago. He gutted the entire house..........

Not done that much since mind you.

It's a good job the nieghbours are broad minded, had no bedroom curtains now for well over a year.

I have frightened/aroused the window cleaner more than once.
  • edited November 2009
    I have frightened/aroused the window cleaner more than once.
    Posted by Hale72
    I am not sure what to make of that remark. Either find out where you live and avoid at all costs or find out where you live and bring my ladder with me.
  • edited November 2009

Brilliant pennage Hayley!

Awesome read.

The font-size is a little too small for me to read, but it's beautifully Presented.
  • edited November 2009
    Have to agree that the first blog was stunning Hayley, very amusing indeed.

Well done
  • edited November 2009
    Brilliant pennage Hayley! Awesome read. The font-size is a little too small for me to read, but it's beautifully Presented.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That is the second comment on the font size being too small.

On my computer, it is way too large, but this may be because I am the poster.

I will increase the size now, can people let me know if this is better?

Give me about 10 minutes.
  • edited November 2009
    I have now increased the size.

Better or worse???

I need a bit of help here as It seems too large for me now, but like I say, it may be just I am the blogger and it appears larger for me as I post/edit it.
  • edited November 2009

WHAT A TREAT , SUPERB .

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The First Lady Of Blog : I am not sure what to make of that remark. Either find out where you live and avoid at all costs or find out where you live and bring my ladder with me.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Take my advice...

AVOID!!!!!!
  • edited November 2009
    LOL. Only joking.
  • edited November 2009
    its good, well done.
  • edited November 2009
    Have you ever thought about writing a book, I'm certain it would be a best seller.
  • edited November 2009
    I have now increased the size. Better or worse??? I need a bit of help here as It seems too large for me now, but like I say, it may be just I am the blogger and it appears larger for me as I post/edit it.
    Posted by Hale72
    Thats much better.
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Halely,
    Just finished you first blog a cracking read my love, I started reading when it first came out and only finished 10 mins ago lol.
    Keep it going, Im now going to get war and peace for some light reading up to your next blog.

col
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Halely, Just finished you first blog a cracking read my love, I started reading when it first came out and only finished 10 mins ago lol. Keep it going, Im now going to get war and peace for some light reading up to your next blog. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Hi Col,

Yes, it was a touch long, however, I had trimmed and cut it as best as I could, I was really struggling to take any more out and still leave the quality stuff in.

You all know how long I can talk for when I get going.

Unfortunately, my next blog is even longer.

However, now for the good news!!!

I plan to make my next blog a 2 parter, it is essentailly 2 seperate stories which have a common theme, this means I can cut it halfway through and do a 'to be continued'.

The added advantage of this is that everyone gets an extra blog for their money!!

How generous am I?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The First Lady Of Blog : Hi Col, Yes, it was a touch long, however, I had trimmed and cut it as best as I could, I was really struggling to take any more out and still leave the quality stuff in. You all know how long I can talk for when I get going. Unfortunately, my next blog is even longer. However, now for the good news!!! I plan to make my next blog a 2 parter, it is essentailly 2 seperate stories which have a common theme, this means I can cut it halfway through and do a 'to be continued'. The added advantage of this is that everyone gets an extra blog for their money!! How generous am I?
    Posted by Hale72
    you have a style so stick with, thats why you were picked.
    col
  • edited November 2009
    Been thinking about it col,

Personally, I feel it works better over one blog, but it will a massively long read, but subsequently worth it.

I feel by splitting it up will lose some of the focus.

However, by spreading it over two will create a  little suspense up and in turn will give me an extra blog to publish.

I only have about 4 genuinly funny idea's for blogs at the moment.

At least by making my second blog  a 2 parter, I can at least publish 5 blogs.

If enough people are happy for it to go over one long blog, I will do so.