You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

garbage hands

how can 1 person be dealt so many garbage hands in one night, then when you get a hand get outdrawn by plebs going all in with 2-3 /9-6 /q-3 and many more like that since 8 last night. some proper jokers on here

Comments

• edited January 2012
    In Response to garbage hands:
     how can 1 person be dealt so many garbage hands in one night, then when you get a hand get outdrawn by plebs going all in with 2-3 /9-6 /q-3 and many more like that since 8 last night. some proper jokers on here
    Posted by mazio
    Because of the laws of probability and statistical variation, unless of course you believe the site is rigged?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: garbage hands:
    In Response to garbage hands : Because of the laws of probability and statistical variation, unless of course you believe the site is rigged?
    Posted by Goethe
     the laws of probability state that i should get a random selection of cards, that being the case i should therefore get a fair selection of cards and not hundreds of hands all night that were garbage!! and then by chance you get a dacent hand not to be called all in with 2-3/9-6 /q-3/ and get beat every time give me a break?
  • edited January 2012
    You will get a random selection of hands over tens of thousands of hands. I played on another site for a while that allowed me to use poker tracker. After 4500 hands I'd had aces twenty times which is to be expected since getting AA is about 220-1. What was not to be expected is that I had won every single time with them after twenty occasions.

Does this mean that AA is an unbeatable hand the way I was playing it? No, it means that my sample size of 4500 hands was not large enough.

If you'd been dealt hundreds of thousands of hands and been getting consistant garbage hands and when you got a "good" hand you were dealt a bad beat then you might want to wonder if the site was rigged or something. But not after a few hundred hands I'm afraid
  • edited January 2012
    You will get a random selection of hands over tens of thousands of hands. I played on another site for a while that allowed me to use poker tracker. After 4500 hands I'd had aces twenty times which is to be expected since getting AA is about 220-1. What was not to be expected is that I had won every single time with them after twenty occasions. Does this mean that AA is an unbeatable hand the way I was playing it? No, it means that my sample size of 4500 hands was not large enough. If you'd been dealt hundreds of thousands of hands and been getting consistant garbage hands and when you got a "good" hand you were dealt a bad beat then you might want to wonder if the site was rigged or something. But not after a few hundred hands I'm afraid
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Haha no wonder we cant use poker tracker on here then lmao ;)
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: garbage hands : Haha no wonder we cant use poker tracker on here then lmao ;)
    Posted by debdobs_67
     chat your stats all night when it's happening game after game to the most ridiculous calls you have got to wonder what the !!!! is going on