You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i be c-betting this flop against 2 players

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
sintoo12Big blind 200.00200.005460.00 Your hole cardsKK   graham1965Call 200.00400.005000.00jays46Fold    easywinCall 200.00600.004280.00IDONKCALLURaise 800.001400.009455.00sintoo12Fold    graham1965Call 600.002000.004400.00easywinCall 600.002600.003680.00Flop  10AJ   graham1965Check    easywinCheck    IDONKCALLUBet 1400.004000.008055.00graham1965Fold    easywinCall 1400.005400.002280.00Turn  Q   easywinAll-in 2280.007680.000.00IDONKCALLUCall 2280.009960.005775.00easywinShowQ10   IDONKCALLUShowKK   River  J   IDONKCALLUWinStraight to the Ace9960.00 15735.00

Comments

• edited January 2012
    im check folding here vs 2 opponents, its a horrid flop. Very lucky turn card.
  • edited January 2012
    yeah got really lucky granted they both checked to me which i thought was weak so repped the ace 
  • edited January 2012
    Of course you should c-bet with Q10 here, bottom pair, gutshot, 2nd nut flush draw, if you're playing that hand then folding on this board, then you might as well fold pre.

EDIT: Fail, wrong player! Yeah, don't c-bet KK on this board, you can get called by all sorts here, pairs with a gutshot, bottom pair and flush draw, set, or even a pair of aces has you beat. And you aren't going to have a clue where you are in the hand.
  • edited January 2012
    Don't bluff with KK

c bet is fine,
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Should i be c-betting this flop against 2 players:
    yeah got really lucky granted they both checked to me which i thought was weak so repped the ace 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

Why do you want to rep the ace?
    Say they believe you have an ace. If one of the opponents has an Ace they aren't folding (i.e. we get called by hands that beat us), and if they haven't got an ace they probably fold (i.e. we get no value from hands we beat).

• edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Should i be c-betting this flop against 2 players:
    In Response to Re: Should i be c-betting this flop against 2 players : Why do you want to rep the ace? Say they believe you have an ace. If one of the opponents has an Ace they aren't folding (i.e. we get called by hands that beat us), and if they haven't got an ace they probably fold (i.e. we get no value from hands we beat).
    Posted by jakally
    he got value from 3rd pair lol...but yeah pretty much agree with all of that. just check behind

tbh though i think these are the type of spots alot of ppl struggle with (myself included) ive spent ages thinking and discussing stuff like this with my mates and even now i dont have the answer & can sit there spazzin at the screen watchin the timebar go down whilst im thinkin "i sat and waited seven years for KK to come along i finally get it & then the dealer gives me this flop! meh do i cbet and turn my hand into a bluff? do i cbet for value? after all i have KK, i hold the KS and have a gutshot! im clutchin but im sure they will call if there drawing right? or do i check behind? and pretty much advertise to my opponents that we dont have the ace and allow myself to be bluffed off? if i check am i callin a turn bet? if im callin turn then i have to call river! if i am then surely its better to bet the flop? ah all irrelevent now, ive timed out....." 

just check-fold its easier someone always has the ace when we have KK lol. if you think logically, worse hands will fold if we bet and pretty much only the ace calls/raises if we bet. so obv just check, and then run round the room in pure joy when you make broadway on the turn & get it in then! ezee game
  • edited January 2012
    played fine nh
  • edited January 2012
    Defo check, most times only called by better, he only called here cus he had FD with the pair. 
  • edited January 2012
    If that board is dry and ace high then check is fine imo
    Think we can still c bet and worse will call on that flop
    An ace or better will call or raise but we do have improvers + back door spades
    Don't think we want to see another K but another spade would still make it intresting

If we factor in being the pre flop raiser, we can c bet here with or without the ace
    We may be c/r by a draw so............

Are we really looking to pot contol from the flop. if your c betting and your called then yeah I guess we
    control pot but... pokers not easy

• edited January 2012
    altho this was a bad flop for kk i still had any king to hit for a set i believe is good and any q aswell so alot more outs then a low rag flop i just see the two check as weak here maybe its bad to c -bet agreed just a tricky spot would alot of u check fold this then i dnt think i coiuld check fold this with any k or q to hit aswell