You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hyper HU SnG - Raise preflop, facing Min donkbet

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Got this a lot recently, being a hyper with short stacks am I forced to fold or is it worth bluffing ?

Dudeskin8Small blind 10.0010.00470.00
xBig blind 20.0030.00500.00
 Your hole cards
  • K

Dudeskin8Raise 30.0060.00440.00
xCall 20.0080.00480.00
Flop

• J

xBet 20.00100.00460.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited January 2012
    its probably bad but i let go alot of the time here

if you have history that they will give up on turn then you could call and re-raise turn, but readless at small stakes generally dont like the re-raise onthe flop
  • edited January 2012
    tbh i dnt like min raises in any format especially heads up ver small lead out i would raise to 100 if u get called then have to slow down 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Hyper HU SnG - Raise preflop, facing Min donkbet:
    tbh i dnt like min raises in any format especially heads up ver small lead out i would raise to 100 if u get called then have to slow down 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    but your commited and its likely he will still call you with any of the flop or draws or even shoving over with any hand. I prefer if you want to get them of the hand call flop and re-raise to 80-100 on the turn at least it shows a bit of strength IMO
  • edited January 2012
    We can't be making it 100 to fold.

Reads would be good but without them we can assume he's often got like a draw or a weak pair in his hand.

From experience he's not folding to 1 shot, so if we're gonna take this pot down we're gonna have to threaten his whole stack down the streets....

It sux, but I'd just fold, tighten up my button opening range, consider limping some hands to hit a flop & creep back above starting stack going into 15/30 & beyond.

^^^^^^ All the above is assuming it's a 1 quid game against a typical 1 quid opponent/

Don't really wanna go in to 15/30 with less than 400 chips if it can be helped, n spewing in marginal spots against weak passive fish is unneccessery.
  • edited January 2012
    why cant u make it a 100 then fold u still have 340 left thats more then enough for when blinds go up to 25/50 shove or fold mode
  • edited January 2012
    why cant u make it a 100 then fold u still have 340 left thats more then enough for when blinds go up to 25/50 shove or fold mode
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Because ppl wont fold on the flop at micro levels! im assuming its between 1.15-2.05 where dude is playing??
    if they have any part, any draw they will call or shove. It is too spewy, as JJ suggests start limping button occasionally at these levels and outplay/outflop the opponent.

Can fold or if you want to continue flat and re-asess, its much stronger if your re-raising alot of turn cards
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Just gets us in a hole which will be hard to get out of....

We make it 100, he's gonna call almost always....(if we assume he has a draw or a pair) 

What do we do on the turn when he checks it to us?
  • edited January 2012
    i know what ya saying its a quid buy in so a average joe will call any pair on this flop if u raise thats y i cant play these if it was a £5.50 turbo 1 your raise to a 100 would probably get thru people may disagree but i find u cant bluff on micro stakes personally i hate the min raise preflop like young gun said call and out play him on flop or 2 x raise it the min raise no 1 is going to fold 
  • edited January 2012
    i know what ya saying its a quid buy in so a average joe will call any pair on this flop if u raise thats y i cant play these if it was a £5.50 turbo 1 your raise to a 100 would probably get thru people may disagree but i find u cant bluff on micro stakes personally i hate the min raise preflop like young gun said call and out play him on flop or 2 x raise it the min raise no 1 is going to fold 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    FWIW i would generally min raise as default even at these levels but then adjust if they are calling light. or donk betting. Limping button is only good vs specific players. but probably lower stakes is better to.

only thing with re-raising you can rep is Jx but still likely you will get call here 80% + so probably not worth it
  • edited January 2012
    dohhhh or youngun wanna heads up game 1st to 3 only small stakes ? 
  • edited January 2012
    I have no money on sky at mo and am at work if you wanna play a few on stars tonight i'd be more then happy
  • edited January 2012
    Lets gooooo

Just had mi wheatabix & berrocca, will be on PC in 75 minutes + 20 mins to sup a can = 2pm !  :)

"Professionalism is .........   ...... and that is what I want......!"
  • edited January 2012
    lol i be on at around 2 ish find me dohhh and i dnt like p stars wont go on there 
  • edited January 2012
    lol i be on at around 2 ish find me dohhh and i dnt like p stars wont go on there 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    ok np when i start playing on sky again and redopisit (ugh) i shall give you a game. GL vs the almighty dohhhh
  • edited January 2012
    shall be an intresting game :)
  • edited January 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    If you raise 3x every time you raise it makes pot very big on flop and most times you miss so cbets have to be bigger, minraise pre make pot smaller - cbet smaller, also as you never read HH notice you start game w/25bbs....
  • edited January 2012
    call, if oppo checks turn or min bets - bluff now - blank river fire in the hole
  • edited January 2012
    We can't be making it 100 to fold. Reads would be good but without them we can assume he's often got like a draw or a weak pair in his hand. From experience he's not folding to 1 shot, so if we're gonna take this pot down we're gonna have to threaten his whole stack down the streets.... It sux, but I'd just fold, tighten up my button opening range, consider limping some hands to hit a flop & creep back above starting stack going into 15/30 & beyond. ^^^^^^ All the above is assuming it's a 1 quid game against a typical 1 quid opponent/ Don't really wanna go in to 15/30 with less than 400 chips if it can be helped, n spewing in marginal spots against weak passive fish is unneccessery.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    every single word is spot on, wp! +1 to this

EDIT minus the part about limpin the button ;-)