You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How can anyone build a bankroll???

edited January 2012 in Area 51
They say you have to start at the bottom and work your way up to build a nice bankroll but how can anyone possibly achieve this when people at low level will call anything to hit that 1 miracle card on the river???? It's such a joke and puts me on tilt in the very worst way, but what is even more tilt is when they call an all-in to hit the flush or straight or 2 pair with only the river to come and it hits 9 out of 10 times i find on sky. Is it just sky or the players who play on sky making these calls. And for all those who say you want them to make that call because in the long run i will make more money well not on sky because like i said 9 out of 10 times it hits. Everyone always seems to say i always get my money in good and then lose well in my case this is the story of my poker life. HERE'S 1 EXAMPLE : I hold A10 i raise pre to 3x and the BB calls like i expect the flop comes 3,9,A rainbow i raise 3/4 pot and the BB calls again so i think maybe King 9, the turn comes a queen so i cant really see any draws made but this puts 2 hearts on the board i raise all-in as this is the only bet i have left the BB snap calls and turns over K8 of hearts and the river well for those who dont know where am going with this come a heart and makes his flush, He had no pair no draw post-flop and still called my raise maybe hoping to take it at a later street but to call my all-in when IF he had lost would have crippled him is beyond me can anyone shed any light please?????

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Anyone who reads posts here knows the barrage of responses your going to get.

I'd just say trust your instincts and your observations.  Dont let others push you into believing someting else
  • edited January 2012
    by 'build a bankroll' you mean 'win at poker' ?

The obv answer is get good @ it. 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to How can anyone build a bankroll???:
    They say you have to start at the bottom and work your way up to build a nice bankroll but how can anyone possibly achieve this when people at low level will call anything to hit that 1 miracle card on the river???? It's such a joke and puts me on tilt in the very worst way, but what is even more tilt is when they call an all-in to hit the flush or straight or 2 pair with only the river to come and it hits 9 out of 10 times i find on sky. Is it just sky or the players who play on sky making these calls. And for all those who say you want them to make that call because in the long run i will make more money well not on sky because like i said 9 out of 10 times it hits. Everyone always seems to say i always get my money in good and then lose well in my case this is the story of my poker life. HERE'S 1 EXAMPLE : I hold A10 i raise pre to 3x and the BB calls like i expect the flop comes 3,9,A rainbow i raise 3/4 pot and the BB calls again so i think maybe King 9, the turn comes a queen so i cant really see any draws made but this puts 2 hearts on the board i raise all-in as this is the only bet i have left the BB snap calls and turns over K8 of hearts and the river well for those who dont know where am going with this come a heart and makes his flush, He had no pair no draw post-flop and still called my raise maybe hoping to take it at a later street but to call my all-in when IF he had lost would have crippled him is beyond me can anyone shed any light please?????
    Posted by Nuttall07
    yeah i can...sky rewards retards and those who dont play as much
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: How can anyone build a bankroll???:
    In Response to How can anyone build a bankroll??? : yeah i can...sky rewards players who call light and those who dont play as much
    Posted by chipsta
    fyp!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: How can anyone build a bankroll???:
    In Response to Re: How can anyone build a bankroll??? : Gr8 advice. Sky poker can't sha g the ar se of everyone like they do you so go f u c k yourself
    Posted by Nuttall07
    pmsl ;)
  • edited January 2012
    Dohhh/Daveyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - Are you paid by the post in A51 or something?
  • edited January 2012
    You have 2 put money into the site,not take it out,Bankroll,ur avin a laff m8,this aint the Dss or sally army ur use to, lol......