You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Books to read

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I am new to poker and I would like to improve my game.  I am inexperienced, however I do  have some basic knowledge. thank you

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Harrington on holdem series is pretty good starter, if reading books are for you as i generally get half way through prefer playing or discussing with ppl online or on here
  • edited January 2012
    If your going to play tournaments then Harrington on Hold em is considered the poker Bible. There are 3 volumes.

Probably open your eyes a bit.
  • edited January 2012

if your new to poker, Harrington on hold em isnt a good starter. id suggest an idiots guide to poker or poker for dummies. understand the basics then get a decent book (im not takin the p*** either). Sklanskys book is prob the best book out there if & when you get serious. tbh there is so much free info online now, for a beginner just readin this clinic will help, other forums that are far more advanced like 2+2 are gonna be useful too. you can get loads of stuff off pokertube, youtube etc....save your pennies

• edited January 2012
    Hold 'em wisdom for all players by Daniel Negreanu
    More Hold 'em wisdom for all players by Daniel Negreanu