You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How can anyone build and bankroll!!!

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
They say you have to start at the bottom and work your way up to build a nice bankroll but how can anyone possibly achieve this when people at low level will call anything to hit that 1 miracle card on the river???? It's such a joke and puts me on tilt in the very worst way, but what is even more tilt is when they call an all-in to hit the flush or straight or 2 pair with only the river to come and it hits 9 out of 10 times i find on sky. Is it just sky or the players who play on sky making these calls. And for all those who say you want them to make that call because in the long run i will make more money well not on sky because like i said 9 out of 10 times it hits. Everyone always seems to say i always get my money in good and then lose well in my case this is the story of my poker life. HERE'S 1 EXAMPLE : I hold A10 i raise pre to 3x and the BB calls like i expect the flop comes 3,9,A rainbow i raise 3/4 pot and the BB calls again so i think maybe King 9, the turn comes a queen so i cant really see any draws made but this puts 2 hearts on the board i raise all-in as this is the only bet i have left the BB snap calls and turns over K8 of hearts and the river well for those who dont know where am going with this come a heart and makes his flush, He had no pair no draw post-flop and still called my raise maybe hoping to take it at a later street but to call my all-in when IF he had lost would have crippled him is beyond me can anyone shed any light please because this happens alot to me and am just about sick of it!!!!

Comments

• edited January 2012
    depends how much ya bankroll is but i advise you to play £1.10 mtts they are fun 7.45 pm deepstack and 10.35 pm £100 gtd speed both £1.10 buy ins and they do a dtd monday 3 tourneys £1.10 £2.20 and another £2.20 1 which is fun if you only have small bankroll i wouldnt advise any 1 to play cash tables 
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: How can anyone build and bankroll!!!:
    depends how much ya bankroll is but i advise you to play £1.10 mtts they are fun 7.45 pm deepstack and 10.35 pm £100 gtd speed both £1.10 buy ins and they do a dtd monday 3 tourneys £1.10 £2.20 and another £2.20 1 which is fun if you only have small bankroll i wouldnt advise any 1 to play cash tables 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I don't play cash tables, Am just sick of getting called by people who have nothing but draws and hit miracle cards it proper tilt i know it happens but its happening all the time.
  • edited January 2012
    Post some hands in here.

Maybe there are areas you can improve.

We want to play bad players if we have an edge over them.
  • edited January 2012
    It depends on how much you start with? it is much harder to build a bankroll then lose one so early days it is easier to go broke. If you are talking about £10 here and there that rarely works, you will need to run like god and then some... if you deposit £50 or more it is more acheivable to never deposit again given correct BRM so you can play £1.10 games and less if you want to start on cash £80 for nl4 would be good then you can withstand a lil varience.

Even if you have like £10 in the account it would be better to play 30p games then £1.15 or 60p as less chance of you going broke, although its higher rake you can easily grind up from 30p if you put the effort in and your reasonably competent
  • edited January 2012
    yeah post some hands tahts what poker clinic is for and you will get good feedback
  • edited January 2012
    yeah post some hands tahts what poker clinic is for and you will get good feedback
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Dont know how lol. new to this
  • edited January 2012
    Playing low level MTT's is really high variance, stop playing them tbh

Play NL4 cash and/or DYM's - have a read up

follow simple tight, tight, tight  ABC game  in both and you will build a BR

trying to build a BR just playing MTT's is really difficult, if your playing MTT's then only
    play with 1% of your BR.

cash you can play 2-5%
  • edited January 2012
    Playing low level MTT's is really high variance, stop playing them tbh Play NL4 cash and/or DYM's - have a read up follow simple tight, tight, tight  ABC game  in both and you will build a BR trying to build a BR just playing MTT's is really difficult, if your playing MTT's then only play with 1% of your BR. cash you can play 2-5%
    Posted by rancid
    Thats what this was a DYM. 
  • edited January 2012
    Paragraphs ftw ;)
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: How can anyone build and bankroll!!! : Thats what this was a DYM. 
    Posted by Nuttall07
    Play tight and you will win, if your getting your chips in ahead then that is good
    If you oppo is getting there chips in behind then that is good

play tight, stop moaning and play 200+ games
    You have only played 19 games, play more games and you will see if you doing good

plus stick to one level, your jumping around from .50p-£3

beat one level then move on, play 120+ games at one level
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: How can anyone build and bankroll!!! : Play tight and you will win, if your getting your chips in ahead then that is good If you oppo is getting there chips in behind then that is good play tight, stop moaning and play 200+ games You have only played 19 games, play more games and you will see if you doing good plus stick to one level, your jumping around from .50p-£3 beat one level then move on, play 120+ games at one level
    Posted by rancid
    Will do.
  • edited January 2012
    Read the DYM blog and thread in the general poker chat section.
  • edited January 2012
    Read the DYM blog and thread in the general poker chat section.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Excellent thanks very much for suggesting that!!!
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to How can anyone build and bankroll!!!:
    They say you have to start at the bottom and work your way up to build a nice bankroll but how can anyone possibly achieve this when people at low level will call anything to hit that 1 miracle card on the river???? It's such a joke and puts me on tilt in the very worst way, but what is even more tilt is when they call an all-in to hit the flush or straight or 2 pair with only the river to come and it hits 9 out of 10 times i find on sky. Is it just sky or the players who play on sky making these calls. And for all those who say you want them to make that call because in the long run i will make more money well not on sky because like i said 9 out of 10 times it hits. Everyone always seems to say i always get my money in good and then lose well in my case this is the story of my poker life. HERE'S 1 EXAMPLE : I hold A10 i raise pre to 3x and the BB calls like i expect the flop comes 3,9,A rainbow i raise 3/4 pot and the BB calls again so i think maybe King 9, the turn comes a queen so i cant really see any draws made but this puts 2 hearts on the board i raise all-in as this is the only bet i have left the BB snap calls and turns over K8 of hearts and the river well for those who dont know where am going with this come a heart and makes his flush, He had no pair no draw post-flop and still called my raise maybe hoping to take it at a later street but to call my all-in when IF he had lost would have crippled him is beyond me can anyone shed any light please because this happens alot to me and am just about sick of it!!!!
    Posted by Nuttall07
    soul reads ftw! why K9 out of curiosity? bit of a narrow range that....

yeah just pretty much what others have said, post hands & get feedback
  • edited January 2012
    hi Nuttall07

yes,it is tough m8 at all levels.

the problem with only having a small b/roll
    is it is so easy to lose it if you find yourself
    on that bad run especially playing n/l cash.

my advise is put in £50(if you can)
    as this definately gives you more options
    and a better chance of not going broke.

that is how much i started with;
    and am now £650 pluss up.

as the guys have already suggested;
    find john connor,s "abc of DYM,s "blog
    then find a dym level that you are happy with,
    i,d suggest
    maybe 60p or £1.15(saving you 5p in rake)
    and see how you do.

i was playing £1.15 level not that long ago,and i,m now playing
    5/6 tables at £3.30.

anyway,good luck and run well.

devon
  • edited January 2012
    hi Nuttall07 yes,it is tough m8 at all levels. the problem with only having a small b/roll is it is so easy to lose it if you find yourself on that bad run especially playing n/l cash. my advise is put in £50(if you can) as this definately gives you more options and a better chance of not going broke. that is how much i started with; and am now £650 pluss up. as the guys have already suggested; find john connor,s "abc of DYM,s "blog then find a dym level that you are happy with, i,d suggest maybe 60p or £1.15(saving you 5p in rake) and see how you do. i was playing £1.15 level not that long ago,and i,m now playing 5/6 tables at £3.30. anyway,good luck and run well. devon
    Posted by devonfish5
    Cheers mate i have had a read of john conners piece and it has helped me in the couple i have played since. I hope i start to run better thanks again.
  • edited January 2012
    If you stick to the right strategies in DYM and stick to tight bankroll management, you will soon be making profit nuttal, dont worry.

it is frustrating and you feel the whole world is out to get you but u just got to get through it. yesterday for me was terrible, i lost 5 dym in a row, all with getting my hand in good and being outdrawn every time. but yesterday was my first real bad day for 2 months! just take these bad days on the chin and wake up the next day and forget about what happened before and you'll be alright.

Last thing, try and post that hand you were talking about, would be intersting to see and we can give you some feedback.

gl at the tables (not at mine tho!!)
  • edited January 2012
    "how can anyone possibly achieve this when people at low level will call anything to hit that 1 miracle card on the river"

You want to be playing these guys, they won't always hit, in fact most of the time they'll miss and pay you off.

Keep plugging away, like people have said, post in here and read some of the guides but if you just keep your game soilid you won't go far wrong and over time you'll win alot more of these situations than you lose.  Just don't let the bad beats get to you.
  • edited January 2012
    it deffo can be done building your bank roll. I  started at 30p dym and now am playing mtts and heads ups for 20 quid. Just takes time but dym are the best place to start . They teach so much like how to play the bubble well how to play with stacks of 20 to 5 big blinds well and are very low variance so don't need a massive bank roll when u start unlike mtts he he.
    Hope this help u and good luck hope cya on the tables one day