You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£10 hu hyp, all streets v passive villain...

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Guy had been surrendering his bb far too much so throughout the game been opening like 90% of buttons, and c betting almost always.

He was 3 or 4 xing (when he opened) he had limped a few times also,  pre flop in  lvl 1, and 3xing lvl 2.

I jammed over a 3x in level 1 with KJo, and folded to all his button raises other than that.

My min raise pre flop is questionable but with the feel I had for the oppo I was planning to fold to a shove, hoping I could blast my way back into the match by jamming over his limps/& from my button.

I don't think he ever shoves over my min with worse or calls an open button shove with worse.

I check the flop coz again I can't get value from much, it's dry, and he will prob only call a bet with TJ or T9....

Turn I call coz I dunno what else I can do after checking the flop ???????

River I'm prob beat and have to fold right???????

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  20.00 20.00 530.00
xxxBig blind  40.00 60.00 410.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

DOHHHHHHH Raise  60.00 120.00 470.00
xxxCall  40.00 160.00 370.00
Flop

• Q

xxxCheck     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
Turn

xxx Bet  80.00 240.00 290.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  80.00 320.00 390.00
River

• J

xxxAll-in  290.00 610.00 0.00
DOHHHHHHH Fold     
xxxMuck     
xxxWin  320.00  320.00
xxxReturn  290.00 0.00 610.00

Comments

• edited January 2012
    pre effective <10bb so could just shove although if he is that passive suppose min raise isnt that bad

I prefer betting flop rather then calling turn, if he's been giving up alot and playing straight forward surely he is giving up and hes not going to be bluffing like ever in this spot.

Turn fine as you didnt bet flop and we have a bit of showdown

River have to fold really they wont be betting 2 streets bluffing if they have been passive previously
  • edited January 2012
    yeah shove or fold here blinds 20/40 u got 470 soz for no game today dohhhh lost a fair bit on the horses :(
  • edited January 2012
    as played fold river. bet the flop, shove the turn. call any c/r shove on flop, make notes, give him notes that you dont fold second pair, play him again with more info.
  • edited January 2012
    I personally just shove/fold at this stage with this sort of hand in the games I play, not sure if that's a leak just not sure if it's possible to play poker post at 20/40, with 530 if its probably a close fold as both will still be level and better to get it in with stronger hand.

Plus it sucks raise folding.

As played I fold river as feel I can get all my money in in a better spot even if that shoving with 72 next hand where he folds a lot.
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £10 hu hyp, all streets v passive villain...:
    I personally just shove/fold at this stage with this sort of hand in the games I play, not sure if that's a leak just not sure if it's possible to play poker post at 20/40, with 530 if its probably a close fold as both will still be level and better to get it in with stronger hand. Plus it sucks raise folding. As played I fold river as feel I can get all my money in in a better spot even if that shoving with 72 next hand where he folds a lot.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    it certainly is a leak if you dont balance this with bigger starting hands
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: £10 hu hyp, all streets v passive villain...:
    In Response to Re: £10 hu hyp, all streets v passive villain... : it certainly is a leak if you dont balance this with bigger starting hands
    Posted by potattoooo
    I do shove big hands too obvz. 
  • edited January 2012
    thats cool then lol .... you say the word "obv" but it actually isnt, you will be surprised actually the more you play these type of games, the type of things you spot! its surprising the amount of ppl who will always minraise with the big cards and shove with the mediocre because they dont know how to play them postflop, adjust your calling range to these players its actually pretty easy money!
  • edited January 2012
    DOHHHHHHH i think you analogy is spot on. 

Raise more pre-flop or jam also good.