You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anything wrong here or just a cooler?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Slykllist Small blind  20.00 20.00 2875.00
devilscot Big blind  40.00 60.00 1602.50
  Your hole cards

bronte_5 Raise  80.00 140.00 2402.50
brandygirl Fold     
hfdbull29 Fold     
Slykllist Call  60.00 200.00 2815.00
devilscot Call  40.00 240.00 1562.50
Flop

Slykllist Check     
devilscot Check     
bronte_5 Bet  40.00 280.00 2362.50
Slykllist Raise  175.00 455.00 2640.00
devilscot Fold     
bronte_5 Call  135.00 590.00 2227.50
Turn

Slykllist Bet  300.00 890.00 2340.00
bronte_5 Call  300.00 1190.00 1927.50
River

• J

Slykllist Bet  666.00 1856.00 1674.00
bronte_5 All-in  1927.50 3783.50 0.00
Slykllist Call  1261.50 5045.00 412.50
Slykllist Show

bronte_5 Show
  • K
  • A

bronte_5 Win Flush to the Ace 5045.00  5045.00

Comments

• edited January 2012
    i would most probably fold this preflop but as played i am check calling every street 
  • edited January 2012
    probably folding this pre, don't really like hitting the flush with these type of hands as I always seem to walk into a bigger flush but like donk said, in the hand im check calling.
  • edited January 2012
    Just looking at this hand gives me a headache, maybe I am just tired.

UTG 4x Open (Hello), you flat from the sb with 56s fair enough

Then you  c/r, to get it in obviously ? - i see you have outs blah blah but a call is better here
    Your only getting it in v an overpair/set and I don't think you massive with TP OESD probbaly 50/50, infact a slight dog v overpair and even worse v a set

The your turn bet is too small, got to be loving that turn card - it's like lets continue this story on the turn but with lots of equity - bet big

river is just b/c sigh
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: Anything wrong here or just a cooler?:
    Just looking at this hand gives me a headache, maybe I am just tired. UTG 4x Open (Hello), you flat from the sb with 56s fair enough Then you  c/r, to get it in obviously ? - i see you have outs blah blah but a call is better here Your only getting it in v an overpair/set and I don't think you massive with TP OESD probbaly 50/50, infact a slight dog v overpair and even worse v a set The your turn bet is too small, got to be loving that turn card - it's like lets continue this story on the turn but with lots of equity - bet big river is just b/c sigh
    Posted by rancid
    OK, I'll try to explain my thinking a little, any comments welcome.

Initial raise was a min raise not 4x, pot was already 140 and it cost me 60 to call pre.  Min raise pre, I'm putting most combinations of face cards in the raisers range, in which case low suited connectors play very well.

The flop is a really nice flop for my hand and give me a lot of options.  The really weak lead after my initial check suggested weakness and again backed up my thoughts of 2 face cards, hence the re-raise, I'm pretty sure my hand is good at this point and I have 13 outs that improve the hand if I'm wrong, so I don't think the c/r is so bad is it?

I think you're right on the turn bet, I wasn't giving him any credit for the flush draw and although the J was a bit of a scare card it also gave me another bunch of outs.  In hindsight maybe a check call or a 3/4 pot bet here is better.

When the Ac comes on the river, I don't think I'm ever getting away from it, it's a good card for my hand and if my read is right, it's right in the range that I put my opponent on.  At this point he can have anything from AJ to a set of A's and I'm in really good shape.

-----

Just as a footnote, I somehow went on to cash in this tourney after losing this hand which goes to prove the old addage, a chip and a chair.  3 callers to my shove with AK and a xKKxA board helped alot though.
  • edited January 2012
    I fold pre OOP, on btn maybe call.

Flop just C/C, when you raise if he shoves you are in big trouble even with draw.

Turn I'd probz C/C again with more outs.

River is just cooler.

EDIT : Also stop pointing out that you cashed, no one cares and it has nothing to do with this hand lol
  • edited January 2012
    I think this is a bad cooler, maybe check call on river but hard to put him on that hand I know.

I mean you raised him on the flop, he called behind

You bet decent on the turn ahead, he calls behind with a draw and gets lucky. BAH

Just forget this one puke, kick the dog or whatever and carry on....."and cash" oh yea
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks for comments guys, I really do appreciate them :)

And point taken Dudeskin, I shall not mention any cashes in here again
  • edited January 2012
    wow i was tired, min raise UTG :S