You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

B/F or C/C river?

edited January 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Seen a few of these threads around the interwebz and just had a hand of my own to ask you lovely people.  Villain is a very good reg, can be aggro, mostly solid, well liked by the world and likes a game of golf.

What's our river plan?  I'm thinking mainly between B/F and C/C.  Any argument to B/C?
TommyD Small blind  £1.50 £1.50 £356.85
Big blind  £3.00 £4.50 £621.86
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • A

launder Fold     
gadgerno1 Fold     
sam1986 Fold     
TommyD Raise  £7.50 £12.00 £349.35
Call  £6.00 £18.00 £615.86
Flop

• A

TommyD Bet  £12.00 £30.00 £337.35
Call  £12.00 £42.00 £603.86
Turn

• J

TommyD Bet  £21.00 £63.00 £316.35
Call  £21.00 £84.00 £582.86
River

TommyD ?  

Comments

• edited January 2012
    check call unless he overbets it.

You have shown all the aggression so its a weird line to take but he's called both ur flop and turn bet, maybe has a flush depends on his bet on river whether i call it or not. 

hard to assign him a range if he's solid vs u here he can have set/flush doubt 2 pair. only way your gettin paid by worse is check calling and that way u have an element of pot control.

High stakes though so if there is any metagame between u 2? 
  • edited January 2012
    can't see him betting much worse on the river tbh as this villain wouldn't turn up with worse 2pr combos on this kind of board.  would rather bet fold.
  • edited January 2012
    B/F, can't see oppo raising river with AQ/AK

Could be a B/C but you have to be pretty certain oppo is capable of bluffing here, which by your comments suggests he would not be - or could oppo be cable of a thin value raise on river :S Hardly, oppo this passive never raises river with worse
  • edited January 2012
    I only play at much lower stakes obviously, but I would Bet/Fold

There aren't any missed draws for him to bluff on the river, so IMO he would check behind with most, if not all, of the hands you are beating. Charge him for when has worse.
  • edited January 2012
    wat was the outcome of the hand?
  • edited January 2012
    In Response to Re: B/F or C/C river?:
    wat was the outcome of the hand?
    Posted by smarr
    I'll let you know tomorrow.  I always give these at least a day to breathe in case others want to chip in.
  • edited January 2012
    Bet the turn more, looks valuey, if u had kq here and wanted to barrel representing the flush you'd bet more..

edit: could even b/c rly, seen as i guess u think hes capable of turning Ax into a bluff, all dat levelling stuff init!
  • edited January 2012
    i think u can get value here i would put a value bet on river myself 
  • edited January 2012
    Bet the turn more, looks valuey, if u had kq here and wanted to barrel representing the flush you'd bet more.. edit: could even b/c rly, seen as i guess u think hes capable of turning Ax into a bluff, all dat levelling stuff init!
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    Turn bet is a bit shy I admit, but if I'm repping the flush I would bet the same as having the flush, a bit above this (already taking into account this bet should have been more).  This allows me to barrell nicely on the river.
  • edited January 2012
    check call unless he overbets it. You have shown all the aggression so its a weird line to take but he's called both ur flop and turn bet, maybe has a flush depends on his bet on river whether i call it or not.  hard to assign him a range if he's solid vs u here he can have set/flush doubt 2 pair. only way your gettin paid by worse is check calling and that way u have an element of pot control. High stakes though so if there is any metagame between u 2? 
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

There's a bit of a metagame going on, don't want to expand on that as I don't want him to know how many levels behind I am.

I can get called by worse IMO.  Gotta keep me honest.
  • edited January 2012
    i think u can get value here i would put a value bet on river myself 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    And if raised?
  • edited January 2012
    bigger on turn b/f river
  • edited January 2012
    raise more pre blind on blind i think we should always be hittin the 3x button. as played bet flop more make it closer to pot, definatly bet turn bigger & 100% b/f river over C/C, B/C sometimes depending on reads. C/C is pretty bad imo
  • edited January 2012
    B/F river..only hand you can think about B/C against would be Ac X that villain turns into bluff to try and fold out bigger Aces.. if villain is capable and thinks u can fold ur hand then maybe u can justify a B/C
  • ybyb
    edited January 2012
    b/f river, he's gonna call down with a lot wider range than he value bets with, and i can't see how he can have much air in his range on that board.
  • edited January 2012
    b/f river, he's gonna call down with a lot wider range than he value bets with, and i can't see how he can have much air in his range on that board.
    Posted by yb
    That's a much better wording of what I was trying to say, glad I was in the right thinkingpattern at least : )